Page 21 of 29 FirstFirst ... 111617181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Titans Return toys revealed

Quote Originally Posted by M-bot View Post
    I can see Rollbar and Brawn potentially sharing a mould too.
    I dunno... Rollbar and Brawn have entirely different looking robot modes, with Brawn carrying most of the chassis on his back and Rollbar, like all Throttlebots, carries the rear chassis on his back, mid-section as his chest, and front section as his feet. The existing Generations Gears mould could be easily repainted as Brawn, no retooling really needed. The Bumblebee mould could be heavily retooled to be Rollbar and Wideload though.

It took three years and three different toy series to get three Insecticons. Don't hold your breath for six Throttlebots!

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I dunno... Rollbar and Brawn have entirely different looking robot modes, with Brawn carrying most of the chassis on his back and Rollbar, like all Throttlebots, carries the rear chassis on his back, mid-section as his chest, and front section as his feet. The existing Generations Gears mould could be easily repainted as Brawn, no retooling really needed. The Bumblebee mould could be heavily retooled to be Rollbar and Wideload though.
    We also got a CW Huffer and Pipes that were entirely different from their G1 incarnations with respect to where the alt mode bits went in robot mode. So it's not out of the question.

They would be crazy not to do Outback and Brawn out of he same mould though.

M-Bot's Customs logo by M-bot2011

To follow M's Toy Customs of Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/MsToyCustoms
    While you're there, click the "LIKE" button!

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    It took three years and three different toy series to get three Insecticons. Don't hold your breath for six Throttlebots!
    Not to mention five years to get all of the Seekers out as common retail releases.
    Quote Originally Posted by M-bot View Post
    We also got a CW Huffer and Pipes that were entirely different from their G1 incarnations with respect to where the alt mode bits went in robot mode. So it's not out of the question.
    True, but I don't think anyone considers those toys to be really great CHUGUR versions of their G1 characters. Lemme put it this way, if a more G1 accurate looking version of those characters came out I'd buy them in a heartbeat. My current ones would either be sold or kept for display in alt mode.

Looking over pics of TR Kup again, I'm not sure I like.

The original Classics-verse rendition with the 3P head is hard to beat in my collection.

Quote Originally Posted by prjkt View Post
    Looking over pics of TR Kup again, I'm not sure I like.

The original Classics-verse rendition with the 3P head is hard to beat in my collection.
    I agree. The vehicle mode looks good but robot mode just dosen't pull off "Kup".
    WANTED BOTS: G1: Horri-bull, Snarler, Mainframe, Chop Shop, Ransack CHUG: Spin Out, Cordon, Brotropolis Rescue MASTERPIECE: Acid Storm
    ENERGON: Six Shot

Could always put it him in as a "young" version of Kup... doesn't look as gnarled as the Gen. version

TR Kup looks like he's smiling. I'd much rather a neutral expression. But yeah, overall I'm not impressed. BWTF's review doesn't instill me with a lot of confidence either. As with TR Hot Rod and Blurr, I'm just gonna wait for the opportunity to get this toy cheap.

I don't like the head sculpt on the Generations or Titan Returns Kup. So far only the Takara versions of Blur and Scourge have appealed to me of these movie cast CHUG remakes. I saw the Titan Returns Rodimus, but he just looked cheap. And even with Blur and Scourge their Generations counterparts are still better toys even if less movie accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zed View Post
    I don't like the head sculpt on the Generations or Titan Returns Kup. So far only the Takara versions of Blur and Scourge have appealed to me of these movie cast CHUG remakes. I saw the Titan Returns Rodimus, but he just looked cheap. And even with Blur and Scourge their Generations counterparts are still better toys even if less movie accurate.
    I'll agree with you on Scourge, yet Blurr's earlier incarnation worked much better as Drift imo. Not calling it a bad design, just not very Blurr-y to my mind.