Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 12345671222 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Titans Return toys revealed

Official renders

Six Shot's Titan Master has the kanji of "six" on the forehead. Love it.

Quote Originally Posted by reillyd View Post
    Can anyone identify this blue guy between the Sixshots ? There are wheels on his shoulders and forearms, and the toy is an unpainted proto by the looks of it, so colour doesn't give the identity away. Can't be hotrod as the chest is different, or is it mistransformed?
    It's just a pre-production Sixshot.

Megatran Guest

Quote Originally Posted by reillyd View Post
    Can anyone identify this blue guy between the Sixshots ? There are wheels on his shoulders and forearms, and the toy is an unpainted proto by the looks of it, so colour doesn't give the identity away. Can't be hotrod as the chest is different, or is it mistransformed?
    Looks to be a slight redeco of the Sixshot mould. The top of the shoulders are rotated 180 degrees.

EDIT: What griffin said.

I saw someone post a criticism of this toy saying that it just looks like a G1 Sixshot with articulated limbs. But honestly... what more does it need to be? The robot articulation will no doubt also be present in the puma mode, and vehicles don't need articulation (unless it's an articulated lorry or bus... which none of Sixshot's modes are).

Quote Originally Posted by Megatran View Post
    Looks to be a slight redeco of the Sixshot mould. The top of the shoulders are rotated 180 degrees.
    The shoulder pauldrons rotate on G1 Six Shot for transformation, since this is based on G1 mould I would bet the same thing is going on here.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

I'm in for Kickback, to complete another set of Insecticlones.

Sixshot too, if I can ever find a cheap used one.

Possibly up for the eventual Octane, maybe Blitzwing retools. Octane more than Blitzwing.

about time for kickback i really like my legends bombshell and the other guy, shrapnel? so it is nice to finally get that completed.

They actually brought the wrong head (retooled Greatshot head I would assume), and improvised a Play-doh mask on the spot.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I saw someone post a criticism of this toy saying that it just looks like a G1 Sixshot with articulated limbs. But honestly... what more does it need to be? The robot articulation will no doubt also be present in the puma mode, and vehicles don't need articulation (unless it's an articulated lorry or bus... which none of Sixshot's modes are).
    A modern re-imagining of a 30 year old toy, rather than a G1 slavish remake with articulation.

Don't get me wrong, I know that most collectors will love this and want things to be as close to the source as possible which is great, but it does nothing for me. I miss the days when CHUG toys had a touch more ingenuity in their designs.

Seeing that Shogo Hasui designed it, he may have treated it as a Masterpiece Six Shot project, a la CW Devastator.

Since he moved to the overseas team, we've been getting some fantastic G1 homages, rather than updates.