View Poll Results: If you had an opportunity to buy Sharkticon Gnaw en masse, how many would you buy?

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll

8 14.55%

26 47.27%

6 10.91%

6 10.91%
  • 12+ FEED ME TO THE SHARKTICONS!!!

9 16.36%
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Sharkticon Gnaw Army Build?

Megatran Guest

This thread is army building. Why talk it down?

The poll shows the majority have gone for 3.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    We seem to often have this problem with Army Building figures. Can we not have some rule to allow other people a chance to get this toy, like maybe wait a week between each Sharkticon, or buy only one Sharkticon per postcode or something?

You know that's impossible to enforce, right?

If I've commuted half way around Sydney from shopping mall to shopping mall & found 3 that I'm after, I'm not going to buy 2 and leave 1 behind, in the hopes that some other unfortunate sod who has also been galavanting around town will find it.

That's what networking is for, and I can proudly say that OTCA does this very well.

I meant "rule" as in a common fan courtesy or etiquette.

It's a simple numbers game. If a store only gets 1 box of Legends in (3 x Gnaw) and I buy 2 for myself and one for you because you can't find one, the rest of the fans are still going to miss out.
    That store then won't get anymore in until the inventory system triggers an order (usually when there are only 3 units of a particular keycode left in stock) so you're left driving from store to store looking for a little plastic shark.

Are you in the right store at the right time? Cool, buy them all for you and your friends or buy what you need & leave what you don't. There are so many of options out there for acquiring toys in 2017, it's impossible for people to miss out.

Gnaw. $15.08 each with free delivery from China.

I personally don't mind if one person buys multiple toys to help out other fans as they're not buying all of those toys for themselves. Fair point about the greater variety of options for fans today. It sure beats driving from suburb to suburb (to suburb to suburb to suburb) looking for elusive toys only to go home empty handed.

I personally never found the Ultra Transmetal 2 toys in any store in 1999, and it wasn't from lack of trying. I did hear people saying they'd spotted them, but I could never find them.

Its one thing to desire the above to beat out scalpers who buy up and resell for profits, but we're drawing a very long bow when asking someone to buy less of something they want for the potential gain of others.
    If I really want to buy 3, or 10 or 20 of anything its my right as a consumer to spend my hard earned dosh however I please. If I bought less that my desired amount "for the benefit of others" I may never see another one again because they've all been gobbled up.

As Sinner's twin implied, there are many options abounds. If you want something that badly, pre-order it. I got 3 gnaws from thelittletoycompany to save on runnning around fruitlessly.

Edit: I should add, I'll probably get one or two Takara Gnaws when they do eventually release the mold.
    www.mariokart64.com
    --------------------------------------------------------
    "Sometimes, the wrong thing feels so right"

I suppose it depends on whether or not you side with utilitarianism (the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few) or deontology (gotta look after yourself first before looking out for others). I'm not saying that one school of ethics is better or worse than the other, it all depends on your own POV. And ultimately, we are just talking about toys.

Yeah somehow I think the issue of "army building gnaw shopping" falls comfortably into the trivial basket
    www.mariokart64.com
    "Sometimes, the wrong thing feels so right"

Seeing people over-purchase a toy is insignificant next to seeing people over-purchasing real estate. With a toy, the worst case scenario is that you may have to live without that toy. With housing, the worst case scenario looks like this.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    With housing, the worst case scenario looks like this.
    Which is why I gladly took on a mortgage with other family members, so my mum had somewhere to live, because women over 50 have some of the highest rates of homelessness in Australia.