Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: MakeToys MTRM-08 DESPOTRON

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gofigure View Post
    I was all "im happy with my Apolly but have a look at that Despotron! holy moly he looks fine with different faces and wot not....i want him"

And now im all "oooooh wow, look at what Takara has over in that corner"
    Takara looks rushed. I would still buy both.

Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post
    Takara looks rushed. I would still buy both.
    Rushed?

Takara have been rumoured to have Megs on the verge of release since MP-10. He's anything but rushed.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    Rushed?

Takara have been rumoured to have Megs on the verge of release since MP-10. He's anything but rushed.
    Hmm the not straight barrel says otherwise and no colour means they did not work on it only recently. Rushed in terms of picking up a worked on project which was left collected with dust because they were trying their best not to release him.

Look I am not bashing it but it is an obvious attempt to cut sales of maketoys and dx9? Those rumours are poor imo as I think they are pressured to release Megatron because Japanese toy reviews of maketoys has given some thumbs up.

https://youtu.be/lZObO9xyMZs

Either way I am buying this and TT version since I have a spare mp-10 to line both of them up. I am trying not to be negative on anything so let's be nice.

From this review this is the very reason why dx9 was not my pick as it looks out of proportion. The maketoys may not be a masterpiece but I am going to give them the credit.

Imo if what you say is true that magatron is not rushed, then there is no need to leak anything. I say they felt the pressure by 3p work this excludes hoist and trailbreaker which are already done by three manufacturers now, I am not surprised if TT is prepared to leak further.

I used to be all official and not acknowledge 3p work but lately with "shutter glass" release I am questioning who is the Ko now?

And to be on track with topic, one reason I am still buying this piece is because his scope canon is bigger and longer which may not be everyone's cup of tea but it's certainly mine.

I like to see what TT has to offer for their Megatron as they are not known to be as agile or they seem to be picking the wrong screen in terms of colour matching in the most final moments.
    Last edited by drifand; 11th September 2016 at 02:47 AM.

Mine is on the way. I'm covered with a permit but I'm hoping it just shows up in the post.

I almost bought this guy, but I'm holding out to see what this so supposedly official one can offer.

Fans can and will argue till their blue on the face about which Megs is best, but I reckon they will all have something to offer. While I'm not sold on this guys looks the thing that really tempts me with this guy is the articulation, the poses I've seen him in have been phenomenal, and that's something I doubt the others will match.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zed View Post
    I almost bought this guy, but I'm holding out to see what this so supposedly official one can offer.

Fans can and will argue till their blue on the face about which Megs is best, but I reckon they will all have something to offer. While I'm not sold on this guys looks the thing that really tempts me with this guy is the articulation, the poses I've seen him in have been phenomenal, and that's something I doubt the others will match.
    I solely went for articulation and his scope being longer, I know TT one is short so I have best of both. The transformation is also cleverly done. Can't wait for it on hands.

Mightron is only $150 delivered.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zed View Post
    The articulation looks amazing. Thought I was looking at a Reveltech figure for a second.

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!

Quote Originally Posted by SuspectimusPrime View Post
    The articulation looks amazing. Thought I was looking at a Reveltech figure for a second.
    A lot do feel it is a Revoltech figure, I think it's still great as this transforms.

Talk about a case of good problems at the moment lol
    Sometimes all you need is a little energon and alotta luck...

Quote Originally Posted by gamblor916 View Post
    Mine is on the way. I'm covered with a permit but I'm hoping it just shows up in the post.
    Any chance you could let us know how you go with customs?
    i.e whether customs actually contact you or if it just gets delivered no problems.