Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Dragonball Z Movie teaser

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    Has anyone had the misfortune of seeing this steaming turd of a film?

I saw it last night, and almost walked out (would have but the ticket was part of a Chrissy present). It is 80 minutes of shoddy storytelling, terrible acting, poor cutting and illogical plotholes.

On another level it also has little in common with Dragonball, but I could tolerate it being vastly different from the cartoon, what I cannot stand is the quality of the actual film.

I'll skip the terrible acting and lacklustre directing, the fight scenes are abysmal, and the effects are very middle of the road. What really kills this film is that everyone does everything because the script tells them to, not because they actually need to.

There is one scene in particular where Goku has to learn the third phase of his air-bending training; the kamehameha (dont ask). It has already been stated twice in the film by his two mentors that Goku is not ready for stage 1 training, yet 3/4 of the way through the film, he is preparing for stage 3. He cant do it. Enter Chi-Chi, and all of a sudden Goku can do it bloody easy. For no other reason than because he has to know the skill for the final battle to go as scripted. (there is a very weak reason regarding him getting to walk closer to ChiChi with every step, but if you've seen the movie it is a moot point really).

There is an even better sample:the final 15 minutes of the film, but it might ruin the movie for any brave (or stupid) enough to want to see it, but the film really is a lesson in how not to make a film. Forget the subject matter, this film is an affront to all movie goers.
    I would kind of a agree with you, but I think it is worth watching, if only for the lols. It is pretty bad, but thats what makes it worth seeing.

It is like the Mario Borther movie. Has almost nothing to do with the games and is incredibly bad, but that makes it worth watching because you can laugh at how bad it is and all the attempts at a connection to the games.
    The same can be said here.
    I went into this film under the assumption it was going to be bad and I enjoyed it because of that
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Phoenix View Post
    I went into this film under the assumption it was going to be bad and I enjoyed it because of that
    I think if I ever watch it again and tune out of the actual film-making errors that plague the film, I would probably enjoy the film for how bad it is. Just cannot get over all the script and filming issues!
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)