Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ToysRUs Australia stores feedback

I have to say that I am reasonably impressed with the Canberra stores when it comes to their allocation of Transformers. As most of you have seen ACT usually gets the stock first and if you look at the Australian First Sightings thread, alot of the first sightings for TRU are from the ACT.

Megatran Guest

^ That's cos the ACT is the adult toy capital.

Quote Originally Posted by Megatran View Post
    ^ That's cos the ACT is the adult toy capital.
    ...and i though before that ACT ain't got much TF stock compared to Sydney or Melbourne (or other bigger cities) when I first came here

So has anyone had any recent experience with the Toys R Us website? Most recent reviews I've seen have been overwhelmingly negative. Does anyone have any experiences to counter or corroborate?

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAxalonSyde View Post
    So has anyone had any recent experience with the Toys R Us website? Most recent reviews I've seen have been overwhelmingly negative. Does anyone have any experiences to counter or corroborate?
    I bought Kingdom Ultra Magnus and non-TF toys from them in March 2021. I also bought some non-TF toys in June. I had no problems but I can't remember how well they were packed. I have a feeling there was no internal padding used for the Magnus order, but I can't exactly remember. But nothing struck me as damaged and they travelled across the country. For those two orders, they used Aus Post with tracking and shipped after 3 days.

The prices can be very good for TFs and other toys but their shipping is based on weight or volume and can add up. Sometimes they offer free shipping.

They are owned by Hobby Warehouse, from whom I bought non-TF items a few years ago and had no problem then.

I have TRU as one of the shops I check regularly as they list individual figures and prices can go low (for all sorts of toys that interest me), which would make me a returning customer.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyfire View Post
    I bought Kingdom Ultra Magnus and non-TF toys from them in March 2021. I also bought some non-TF toys in June. I had no problems but I can't remember how well they were packed. I have a feeling there was no internal padding used for the Magnus order, but I can't exactly remember. But nothing struck me as damaged and they travelled across the country. For those two orders, they used Aus Post with tracking and shipped after 3 days.

The prices can be very good for TFs and other toys but their shipping is based on weight or volume and can add up. Sometimes they offer free shipping.

They are owned by Hobby Warehouse, from whom I bought non-TF items a few years ago and had no problem then.

I have TRU as one of the shops I check regularly as they list individual figures and prices can go low (for all sorts of toys that interest me), which would make me a returning customer.
    Thanks for the response. More info for me to take into consideration.

I bought a Lego set on the 15th of March (cheapest price I've seen with free shipping), which shipped the next day by Aus Post with tracking. It took 6 days from Melbourne to Perth. They re-used a Lego carton and one piece of SealedAir, so when it arrived, the toy box was angled inside - really should have padded both sides. The Lego carton was damaged in transit and the toy box was bit crushed as a result, with a dent and 6-7cm creases extending from the dent. Otherwise the box was pretty pristine, looked case fresh with no shop wear. If something hadn't pushed into the Lego carton in transit, it would have been fine. No real complaints as I'm going to open this and the denting/creasing is what I've experienced with other shippers like Myer, DJs, Target, Big W...