Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Target toy sale Thurs 9th - Wed 15th

As far as i'm aware, they have to match a price reduction if it occurs while your items are on layby. All stores are obliged, Myers does it as does Kmart....

The catch is, you have to be the one to bring it up.... they won't drop it automatically, and they won't offer it if your collecting withing the sale time.

I did it t kmart the other day, last time they had 20% off TF and SW as i'd laybyed Powerglide and some SW 2 packs... didn't even need the receipt, just went in and they did it.

What they can't do is add an employee discount after the layby is started, or alter it (in the case of kmart and the 15% employee they had the first weekend.... had to cancel my m Falcon lego and redo to get the 15% staff, but the price reduction from laybying before the sale was fine)

the KFC chick probably wants STL's TFs that's why.
    she thought if they weren't his..she could have them but too bad!

let's go back and do it again

Great news on the Lego. I'm itching to buy some. I spend more on Lego these days than TFs, I'd wager!

Quote Originally Posted by JuzMel View Post
    P.S: Honestly some of this bad service usually occurs to us non-Caucasians -> a bit of a racist thing I believe.
    I don't think it is. There is a certain stereotype, I do agree. Hell, I have a mindset where there are pesky Indian/Asian people who always want to squeeze you myself so I don't think it's a racist thing necessarily. Just bad customer service skills b/c we shouldn't be ascribing such labels.

Most of the time, it's a degree of patience and courtesy which they too often are willing to return in kind. Like for instance, asking them how their day is genuinely, little casual conversation, if the line's busy in a price match, saying that you'd be happy to stand aside if that helps. It all makes them all the more eager to help you.
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

TheDirtyDigger Guest

Quote Originally Posted by STL View Post
    Great news on the Lego. I'm itching to buy some. I spend more on Lego these days than TFs, I'd wager!

I don't think it is. There is a certain stereotype, I do agree. Hell, I have a mindset where there are pesky Indian/Asian people who always want to squeeze you myself so I don't think it's a racist thing necessarily. Just bad customer service skills b/c we shouldn't be ascribing such labels.

Most of the time, it's a degree of patience and courtesy which they too often are willing to return in kind. Like for instance, asking them how their day is genuinely, little casual conversation, if the line's busy in a price match, saying that you'd be happy to stand aside if that helps. It all makes them all the more eager to help you.
    ...and smile and flirty eyes, yes?

well STL always has the charms with checkout chicks...now he's upgraded to even layby chicks

[edit] but not hot enough for the KFC chick

Ok FINE, with all the hype about the racist thing, I take that back, I guess it's because most sales personnel are chicks and I'm one too, so they are NICER to guys and yeah the KFC chick probably found THAT was the only way she can create a conversation with STL... hehehe

And thanks guys, I will try to ask them to match the sale price at the layby counter first. I think I mentioned before the sales pple at Target Foresthill are quite ok.
    ~ JuzMel ~
    My son is taking over all my TFs!

Pulse is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by Stompy View Post
    ... Like that chick at KFC when she told off STL for putting his TF figures on an empty adjacent table.
    Heehee! STL got told off by a KFC chick...

Quote Originally Posted by iceburn View Post
    well STL always has the charms with checkout chicks...now he's upgraded to even layby chicks

[edit] but not hot enough for the KFC chick
    hahahah
    Wanted items:
    eHobby Orion Pax and Dion

Did I mention I absolutely love the Target at Forest Hill? They always have stock for sales. Unfortunately just not the new Animated Wave 3 and 4 yet.

But they do have Animated Voyagers:
    - 2 Blitzwing, 3 Grimlocks, 3 Lugnutz and 4 Earth Mode Primes and 4 Supreme Class Roll-Out Primes left after I grabbed my share to layby again.

(So happy didn't have to go through the dreaded scene of asking them to adjust the layby amount! )
    ~ JuzMel ~
    My son is taking over all my TFs!

My target only got wave 1+2 deluxes, didn't even bother with voyagers. Pricks.