Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Prime Wars: Part 3 Speculation

How about:
    Cybershark (Skybite redeco)
    Leo Prime (not lio convoy. Alpha Trion or GO Prime)

If we're going on size wouldn't part 3 be Planet Wars?

Unicron vs Primus with I'm guessing lots of add-ons (a-la mini-con style) to kit out your planet?

I'm not adverse to the idea of Beast Wars as i'd really like a dinobot figure at some point but I'm not convinced they would re-visit it with the vigor they did with G1 in Combiner Wars.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxius._ View Post
    How about:
    Cybershark (Skybite redeco)
    Leo Prime (not lio convoy. Alpha Trion or GO Prime)
    I was hoping there was some kind of 3rd mode on Generations Sky-Bite. That way he could be used as Finback or Splashdown.

Quote Originally Posted by Bladestorm View Post
    If we're going on size wouldn't part 3 be Planet Wars?

Unicron vs Primus with I'm guessing lots of add-ons (a-la mini-con style) to kit out your planet?

I'm not adverse to the idea of Beast Wars as i'd really like a dinobot figure at some point but I'm not convinced they would re-visit it with the vigor they did with G1 in Combiner Wars.
    Unicron has never been mentioned in the IDW comics.

Meanwhile, Galvatron just told us that Onyx Prime is on his way. Because of the strong partnership between IDW and Hasbro, I'm taking this as more than a passing reference.

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...
    TRANSFORMERS: UNITY -- the BotCon 2016 Comic Book that should have been...

I'd like it to be micromasters and powermasters but I doubt the former given they have already remastered these in armada (unless they are super tight and just repaint them all).

It could be something like Rise of the Humans and they have humans developing micromasters technology to make them an even bigger player in the picture. So this way micromasters are inhabited by humans. Some side with Autobots, some with Decepticons and others are neutral or against both.

The idea of Micromasters would be a good lead in to Beast Wars. I always liked how there was an implied link between Micromasters and BW TFs.

Part 3 is quite clearly going to be Action Masters, then Hasbro can reclaim beloved licenses such as Hydro-pack and Anti-tank Cannon

I don't think part 3 of the Prime Wars trilogy will be Beast Wars. Even the title Prime Wars: Beast Wars doesn't roll off the tongue, though I suppose Prime Wars: Combiner Wars didn't either.

I think what Hasbro has been striving for with the first two parts has been interactivity between toys and that theme will continue for the third installment.

With the Combiner Wars toys, there have been so many torso characters and dozens of limb characters that there are literally hundreds (maybe thousands) of different configurations you can make. Within the one subgroup there are plenty (just switching the limbs around on Menasor for example) but when you mix up groups you can have a Stunticon torso with a Protectobot arm, an Aerielbot leg, a Combaticon arm and a Technobot leg just for example. So many different combinations!

With Titans Return the Titan Master partners have achieved much of a similar thing. You can have Hardhead in tank mode with the Titan Master figures from a slew of different characters riding him, Optimus in Base mode with a bunch of different Titan Masters manning guns or walking on ramps, or you can have all your Leader, Deluxe and Voyager figures as robots and have both the heads and the characters sitting in the gun slots playing the equivalent of musical chairs. Again, a slew of combinations!

Bear in mind I've gained these insights from watching my son play with my toys, I'm too old and rigid to place First Aid on Computrons arm or put Skullsmashers head on Highbrow

So yeah, I think the third installment will go along the same lines. It wont be Beast Wars and I highly doubt it will be Pretenders or Action Masters either. Certainly not Minicons as RID(15) has that covered. I don't reckon Targetmaster either. It could possibly be Micromasters, since you can swap around the front and backs of vehicles to make new ones and they can interact with bases which can hook up. There is a lot of variety and interactivity between toys to be had. But for some reason I don't see it happening. We may see something brand new, or a variation on an old gimick we had not thought of (like the Headmasters riding in guns and having their own little vehicles). Guess we will just have to see

My money's on, "The Great Cybertronian Bake Off."

Trev, your point is the one lingering doubt in my mind -- the lack of interactivity in a potential beast-only line.

To combat this, I propose the entire swathe of Legends figures will be Targetmasters. So while there isn't an inherent gimmick to the line, every figure is capable of wielding these smaller figures as weapons.

But you're right, Trev. It's a waiting game. It's fun to ponder, however.

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...
    TRANSFORMERS: UNITY -- the BotCon 2016 Comic Book that should have been...

I actually really like the idea of Micromasters. You could have the line be similiar to Armada in that the 'Legends' Price Point is just three Micromasters, a Micromaster Team. Then Deluxes could be one Micromaster with a small base/vehicle, Voyager could be one Micromaster with a big base/vehicle and Leader a bigGER base with two or maybe even three Micromasters. And you could have the bases and vehicles be transformable. That'd be sick.
    "Save the rebellion! Save the dream!" - Saw Gerrera