Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks
So far so good, but at the moment I prefer the Animated clone wars series from a few years ago.
I think the Tatarkovsky series was aimed at an older audience whereas the Clone Wars movie was specifically targetted at a younger audience, and I think it succeeds at that and isn't quite as juvenile as say Transformers Animated (except for the characterisation of Ziro the Hutt, he's just downright annoying).

I like how this series does focus more on the individualisation of the Clones which the Tatarkovsky series never really did.

I do like how the voice actor for the clones in this series makes an attempt at received pronunciation approximating an Australian accent - although honestly the New Zealand accent is actually closer to a South African accent (both NZ and S.African spoken English having a strong Dutch influence whereas Australian English has more of a Cockney influence). But the Australian accent is closer to a NZ accent than an American one, so I much prefer it over the Yankee-sounding clones in the Tatarkovsky series.

Quote Originally Posted by Burn
The one thing that irked me about this week's episode is the amount of fire on the Malevolence. Given that it's a droid ship I seriously doubt there'd be enough oxygen to sustain such a large fire. Sure, there may be SOME oxygenated areas for any fleshbags that are along for the ride but that much? Trivial I know, but it's really the only fault I can find with this series so far.
Is that in episode 2? I've only seen Episode 1.

Anyway, the Separatist ships would still be primarily designed for organic crew rather than just droids. Remember that there are plenty of human and non-human (alien) peoples fighting on the side of the Separatists (e.g.: Neimoidians, Skakoans, humans etc.). In Episode I we saw Trade Federation vessels being crewed by a combination of droids and Neimoidians. In Episode III we saw non-droid characters such as Grievous, Anakin Skywalker, Obi-Wan Kenobi and Chancellor Palpatine moving about the Invisible Hand without the assistance of any additional breathing apparatus (meaning that they were breathing the air in the ship). The ship also had artificial gravity, which is arguably something that is more important for organics than for droids (droids like Artoo can happily move about on a metallic surface in a vacuum, as seen in Episode I). Even if Battle Droids don't have electromagnets in their feet like Astromech droids do, I doubt they would need Earth-like gravity (as the Clone Wars movie demonstrated Battle Droids are dense, meaning that they would be quite heavy - having lighter gravity would actually allow them to be more energy-efficient).

Being a cyborg, General Grievous also requires oxygen to survive. Both Grievous and cybernetic Darth Vader are capable of surviving in a vacuum for a limited period of time but they both still need to breathe (Grievous' coughing and Vader's "khoo-haa" are manifestations of their artificial respiratory systems; Vader's is more advanced hence the relatively smoother breathing).