Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: MP Megatron 2.0 prototype leak?

Quote Originally Posted by MEEEGGGAAATTTRRROOONNN!!! View Post
    An internet sleuth thinks it's Hasui in the shots because of a shirt, watch and image on a computer monitor:

Hehe don't think so.

Hasui don't got chubby fingers

Also, he's not on the MP team.

I don't want this thread about 'ol Megs to derail into a conversation about gun control and gun culture, but I guess it's inevitable when we talk about bringing him into Australia.

Many Asian countries like Singapore, Hong Kong, Malaysia etc. simply don't have a gun culture or a need for guns..there's no hunting culture, or pest control like what we have. Real guns are very, very hard to obtain over there and the penalties are very severe. That's why things like airsoft is readily available in those countries; they're less likely to be used for crimes, and their culture don't consider guns to necessarily be a threat, because they're so uncommon.

Australia on the other hand, has a long and distinguished history of gun possession, harking back to the days of colonial times when the early settlers used them for culling pests, hunting and other stuff I won't mention. Guns in Australia aren't uncommon by any stretch (http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-04-2...arthur/7365790), and really not that hard to obtain if you think about it. The sad truth is that they're here, they do get used for crimes, and we have tough laws because of it.

As for the U.S. of A., well no further comment needed really. But they get a orange plug shoved in their Megs so at least we don't have that.

Like Gok said, get a permit, and you won't have any trouble importing one. For most States/Territories, it's free and all it will cost you is a bit of time. There really is no excuse not to do things the right way. And truth to be told,I wouldn't want my fellow forumers to break the law over a toy.

Quote Originally Posted by doublespy View Post
    Hehe don't think so.

Hasui don't got chubby fingers

Also, he's not on the MP team.
    Yeah, the connections are a bit tenuous, and until we get better pics it could be anyone. That said, the figure could be a Hasui design -- i'm quite sure there are a number of old and unfinished prototypes hanging around TT HQ just waiting to be greenlit.

If he doesn't suffer from cosmic rust like MP05, then I'll bite.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Don't worry it's all plastic, you be lucky if we have silver paint.

Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post
    Don't worry it's all plastic, you be lucky if we have silver paint.
    If that's the case, might as well just let Customs incinerate it!

Some more goss (via SunSon Son):

According to tomy news, will be on sale in mid-may next masterpice master class series leaders megatron, toys using joint deformed bodies, optoelectronic institutions. Still follow the overall toys before mp29 design concept, based on the structure of the deformed mp29 closer to real gun shape. In addition, a number of toys for metal parts, better combination of deformation. The Product Battery don't follow with another purchase, please...........(hehe! Roadside Social News!!!)
    Above is a translation, with the original text as follows:

根據TAKARA TOMY消息,將於明年5月中旬發售masterpice 大師級系列領袖人物威震天,玩具采用聯動變形機構,光電機構。整體玩具依然沿用之前MP29的設計理念,基 於MP29的變形結構更加接近真實槍支外形。另外,玩具多個部件為金屬,更好的結合變形。該產品電池不跟隨 附贈,請另外購買...........(呵呵!路邊社消息!!!)

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    If that's the case, might as well just let Customs incinerate it!
    This is why I feel the 3p ones may still win over in some ways as we know they are not cutting cost in making the toy whereas TT on the other hand will just skip on something.

I felt his scope was a bit short.

Looking over the 3p ones, I just don't like the aesthetics of them, so none of them suit my needs even if they have better build quality.

Of course, given the BS paperwork we need just to get a feckin' toy, it may not even be worth the hassle...

the figure could be a Hasui design -- i'm quite sure there are a number of old and unfinished prototypes hanging around TT HQ just waiting to be greenlit.
    There was an interview with Hatsui ages ago where he said he had done the design work for all of the '84 bots. That would just be sketches though. It also mentioned that there were around ten designs for Condor/Laserbeak.

There was another rumor going around a few months ago that MP Galvatron was being designed but became unworkable.
    Which brings us to where we are today...