Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MP Megatron 2.0 prototype leak?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default MP Megatron 2.0 prototype leak?

From various weibo sources -- TF Club and AlucardLee (via DaimChoc):

Last edited by MEEEGGGAAATTTRRROOONNN!!!; 8th September 2016 at 11:35 PM.

Was just reading this on TFW as well. They are saying it's legit but will wait it out and see. If it follows the recent form of TT releasing an official MP after 3P releases then here's hoping.

I know it's an early prototype but that "gun can not be straight" gets me.

Yeah, definitely a wait-and-see approach is needed! Although the legs do look very Shockwavy, but I suppose someone else could have copied that design...

Not sure why they decided to comment on his droopy barrel, it's not as if it's a production model or anything, but a shot of energon should fix him right up!

His waist seems a little odd, but I'm digging the face sculpt!

Added the character model sheet to the first post.

Interesting development.

Those hands look more 3rd party than Taktom, although It's possible they may have changed their hand design if Megs doesn't need to hold a gun.

Going to wait and see, with all the 3rd party offerings of late we are spoiled for choice in Megatrons

Smint is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Yes, "leak". How convenient Takara.

Quote Originally Posted by Smint View Post
    Yes, "leak". How convenient Takara.
    If you're implying that this leak was deliberate, then I highly doubt it. Having worked with TakaraTOMY (via Hasbro), I can tell you that they are super strict and tight when it comes to not leaking anything, even if there's no practical reason to protect it and even if the release of information would actually do more good than harm - which it usually does. As Hasbro once explained to me, NDCs are used to prevent information from being picked up by their competitors who would then try to outmanoeuvre them by creating similar competitive products. But Hasbro knows that they really have no direct competition with it comes to Transformers (i.e. nobody else is making another line of transforming alien robot action figures). TakaraTOMY has more competition in Japan with the whole mecha genre, but again none of it is like Transformers. Bandai aren't exactly going to make a Megatron-like Gundam.

But nonetheless I have found through my dealings with both companies that they are SUPER strict when it comes to adhering to NDCs. I am certain that this leak would not have been done by either company - I doubt it was done by any employee of TakaraTOMY, but possibly someone else who they may be associated with (e.g. retail buyers etc.?). And I reckon that whoever leaked this information would have received veeerrry angry words from TakaraTOMY, because I've seen it happen with much, much less sensitive leaks.

I'm not saying that the leak is a bad thing. It's clearly kicked up fan frenzy and excitement, which can only be beneficial. But yeah, it's just how these companies work. That's why whenever I've done translation work for Hasbro I have to keep my mouth shut until Hasbro gives me permission to reveal. Often the news is leaked by appearing on store databases, in which case I email Hasbro, inform them and ask if I can officially reveal the information and they say yes.

But yeah, if anyone can prove that this was a deliberate leak from TakaraTOMY then I'll eat my hat.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

The pictures says otherwise on strict goki
    And if you are seriously strict, you would want to deal with the Ko issues first so I have my doubts and is more to do with stopping 3p sales. Each to their own here pictures don't leak. Compare it to grapple mp or even dirge mp that's a proper development on ready products. I wouldn't want to show a not straight barrel, what's the point? Showing your weaknesses? Exactly.

On the news of that new picture, now that's cool.
    If you are strict you will demand the picture to be taken off the site. < this would be my stand point regardless how angry /happy the leak is, I am sure taghobby will be happy to comply and take it off.
    Last edited by drifand; 13th September 2016 at 04:36 PM.

hYpNoS is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post
    The pictures says otherwise on strict goki
    And if you are seriously strict, you would want to deal with the Ko issues first so I have my doubts and is more to do with stopping 3p sales. Each to their own here pictures don't leak. Compare it to grapple mp or even dirge mp that's a proper development on ready products. I wouldn't want to show a not straight barrel, what's the point? Showing your weaknesses? Exactly.

On the news of that new picture, now that's cool.
    If you are strict you will demand the picture to be taken off the site. < this would be my stand point regardless how angry /happy the leak is, I am sure taghobby will be happy to comply and take it off.
    What he meant is the code on these kinda things is strict, doesn't mean it CAN'T happen, its like saying red lights stop accidents, doesn't help when one person ignores them, for all we know its a third party as gokti said, perhaps they were showing off to a family member who had no worries about breaking code, like some 12 yr

Once its on the net they can't do much, I remember Daimchoc reports shared the leak of takara's super ginrai/PMOP and TF_Yuki replied for him to remove the tweet, but it was too late, people shared it all over the place, but if an employee is told to still keep their mouth shut over it they must adhere to it.

They can try lawsuits and stuff I suppose but its too late once several sites start talking about it, if anything it becomes bad rep in my eyes if you start screaming "HAY ALL YOU THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE PLEASE STOP SPREADING OUR PROTOTYPES THAT YOU'LL GET SOONER OR LATER".

All they can do now is keep working on it and say nothing