Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Guess How Much You Have Spent This Year Game

No idea for the whole year, but on my shott trip to Melb this week I spent about $300 on TFs which I think came to more than food, booze, hotels and shows combined

Quote Originally Posted by ZoonMaster5000 View Post
    Wow and I thought had a problem. Nice work

I also just remembered I purchased UT Ordin of loophole for $400, it seriously just feels like it never ends.
    Haha, I used to have a problem years ago, when I bought for the sake of buying, for the thrill of the hunt - I now sold much of what I bought back then.

What cost me was the fact that the MP line ramped up while I was not active, so instead of a backlog of a dozen or so figs, it was 50+. I was only gonna collect the main cartoon characters, but enough of the repaints looked too damn good, so if I was gonna buy 80% of them, may as well get the rest
    www.mariokart64.com
    --------------------------------------------------------
    "Sometimes, the wrong thing feels so right"
    --------------------------------------------------------

Around 2k for me if I include the preorders I've paid for until the end of the year. Way too much, I was supposed to be cutting back....

If I actually took the time to calculate it I would be disgusted at myself I am sure...

Philosophical / hypothetical / non-judgmental question but if anyone is getting negative feelings about the money spent, would it be a catalyst for change?

Quote Originally Posted by Borgeman View Post
    Haha, I used to have a problem years ago, when I bought for the sake of buying
    I know I've got figures (perhaps 10%) in this category, and need to get rid of them. I find that I am enjoying my collection less when I see this category of figures among ones that I really favour.

Quote Originally Posted by Borgeman View Post
    for the thrill of the hunt
    This is the hard one, because there are some that do bring back good memories, even if I have not handled or played with them so much. Botcon Deathsaurus was one: cost me at least $250 shipped, months and years of obsessing to locate one, and I haven't even transformed him.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Wiggum View Post
    Philosophical / hypothetical / non-judgmental question but if anyone is getting negative feelings about the money spent, would it be a catalyst for change?
    Yes. Slowly coming to the conclusion that less is more - this may be a lesson that will take me another decade to fully realise. A lot of money has been spent, but I have never made purchases at the sacrifice of something else I should have bought, or regretted the time-opportunity cost - running around Japan and HK following HD's maps was the best.

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!

I think I ended up paying in the region of 180AUD for Vulcun.

120AUD for MP-28 Hot Rod

54AUD for the two Titans Return figures I own.

354AUD. Not bad.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

I haven't bothered to calculate but my guesstimate would be around $2000 minimum. A few pre orders from PC, started collected MP's, some hard to find TakTom exclusives and finishing off my G1's.
    WANTED BOTS: G1: Horri-bull, Snarler, Mainframe, Chop Shop, Ransack CHUG: Spin Out, Cordon, Brotropolis Rescue MASTERPIECE: Acid Storm
    ENERGON: Six Shot

Quote Originally Posted by Raider View Post
    If I actually took the time to calculate it I would be disgusted at myself I am sure...
    true, but I have spending money that I have to spend or save and apart from not having the space to display them all, I rarely buy a transformer for the sake of it. I often have to stop myself from doing so.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)