We are approaching end of 2016. Last year around November my wife asked me how much I had spent on Transformers for the year?

Knowing that question may come again this year I thought I should prepare myself. Now I don't keep a hard running total of my purchasing through the year but guessed I had spent ~$2,500, which would be up ~40% on 2015.

To my shock I just did an accurate tally of my spend and it has come to ~$3,500!

There are some reasons that help explain the budget blowout. First I have spent up to catchup on some prior MP releases (EVA MP-10, MP Sunstorm) that was obviously expensive but I did get sign off from the Mrs on these. Also I ordered a couple doubles to fractionalise shipping that I may sell down the road. Lastly, shifting from NY to PC has brought forward payment on orders like MP Inferno and Grapple from 2017 to 2016.

In 2017 I reckon my spending will drop to ~$2,000-$2,500 because I'm done playing MP catchup and I've been collecting Combiner Wars this year but am not interested in Titans Return except for the Titan Class figures (ie Trypticon next year).

So in the interests of entertainment, what do you think you have spent this year and what have you actually spent this year? If you don't wish to quote $ then just give a rough % difference between guess and actual. As a bonus question, do you expect to spend more or less in 2017?