Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hi-Res images of the Titans Return Advertising Posters

Much appreciated guys.

If anybody gets one printed in Melbourne can you let me know where and how much? Would be nice to frame that Fort Max poster to go along with my SDCC Fort Max.

Awesome posters

Officeworks offers A1 (594mm x 841mm) colour printing. According to their website the following paper is offered:

160gsm coated $20.00
    200gsm gloss $33.50
    200gsm satin $33.50

Laminating costs $12.00 per A1 sheet.

Quote Originally Posted by kovert View Post
    Awesome posters

Officeworks offers A1 (594mm x 841mm) colour printing. According to their website the following paper is offered:

160gsm coated $20.00
    200gsm gloss $33.50
    200gsm satin $33.50
    Can someone tell me what the differences between those are?
    "Save the rebellion! Save the dream!" - Saw Gerrera

Quote Originally Posted by kovert View Post
    Awesome posters

160gsm coated $20.00
    200gsm gloss $33.50
    200gsm satin $33.50

Laminating costs $12.00 per A1 sheet.
    We might have some trouble getting officeworks to print them off - from what I'm aware they can be quite strict when it comes to scanning/copying/printing of copyrighted material.

Recent example here: https://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/2562938

Who knows, it might end up being the case with these as well
    www.mariokart64.com
    --------------------------------------------------------
    "Sometimes, the wrong thing feels so right"
    --------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateGalvatron View Post
    Can someone tell me what the differences between those are?
    GSM is the thickness/strength of the card. The higher the number the thicker the "paper". As an example, regular paper you would use in your printer is normally 80 GSM.

Coated, Gloss and Satin are just different finishes and you should probably go and look at the samples they would have in store to see which you prefer as it often comes down to personal preference (I normally like gloss myself but know others who prefer coated).

It's worth a try. They can only say no.

Shouldn't be an issue if the artwork was released by Hasbro Australia to be printed by fans. Did Hasbro Australia release an official statement?

Quote Originally Posted by Borgeman View Post
    We might have some trouble getting officeworks to print them off - from what I'm aware they can be quite strict when it comes to scanning/copying/printing of copyrighted material.

Recent example here: https://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/2562938

Who knows, it might end up being the case with these as well
    That would be a shame... but hopefully they don't have a problem with it.
    There is a franchise up here called Image Plus (could be national, I don't know), and they print up images on all sorts of things, so should do posters too. (or do a google search for print shops in your area)

I think if you crop the the Transformers name from the right side and the section below the "Titans Return", and get the remaining image printed on the back or front of a T-shirt, it could turn out quite nice.

Am I the only one that sees Trypticon's Tail and Head in the Fort Max picture?
    [IMG][/IMG]

Trypticon teaser?
    "Save the rebellion! Save the dream!" - Saw Gerrera

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateGalvatron View Post
    Am I the only one that sees Trypticon's Tail and Head in the Fort Max picture?
    [IMG][/IMG]

Trypticon teaser?
    Yep, someone had posted up on TFW that the Fort Max poster is half of a battle scene shown at this years SDCC, which can be seen here at Seibertron.

The interesting thing though, that you've unintentionally pointed out, is that the hi-res images that Hasbro sent us, are not the same as the bus shelter posters... suggesting that they must have had them redone, as they have given us a little more of each image.
    The left side could just be put off as being cropped by the printers of the advertising posters, but the right side of the artwork is bordered by the big "Transformers" wording, and all three hi-res images have a little more of each artwork before the black bar on the right.
    Fort Max is the most interesting one as you can actually see the snout of Trypticon, but in the Galvatron poster you can actually see what he is holding, while the Optimus poster shows the rest of his gun.

Now I'm even more impressed with the effort Hasbro Australia went to with these... actually giving us better posters than the public advertisement posters. A big thumbs up for Hasbro.

Cheers to Hasbro and yourself Griffin for this pics!

Think I will get Optimus and Galvatron printed in A2 and Fort Max in A1 and laminated at the local printers. Hope they don't muck it up like they did the laminating of my CW posters.