View Poll Results: TR Chromedome - worth buying?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

16 84.21%
  • Only if...

2 10.53%
  • No

1 5.26%
  • Not interested

0 0%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Toy Review - Titans Return Deluxe Chromedome

FatalityPitt Guest

Spending most of my childhood in Malaysia, the first Transformers fiction I got exposed to was the Headmasters anime. So the Chromedome character is iconic to me.

I like this toy. The transformation is very different from the original G1, which is a real treat because it makes it more than just a remake of an old toy. Aesthetically, he's unmistakably Chromedome in both modes, except the guns.

The original Chromedome had 2 distinct matching rifles, while the TR version has a red version of Blurr's rifle and another gun that doubles as the Titan Master's turret. Fortunately, if you have the original G1's guns, the TR figure can hold them.

http://s1244.photobucket.com/user/Th...tml?sort=3&o=0

My only issue with TR Chromedome is the sheer tightness of the figure, especially in the hinges attaching the car bonnet/backpack to the torso. I felt a great sense of fear of breakage during my first time transforming him. It also took me a while to figure out how to open the cockpit without risking breaking the toy or my nails.

He's a good toy by my standards. So much that I'd even buy the Getaway Breakaway figure as a spare body for Chromedome (or as an Arctic Battlesuit upgrade).
    Last edited by FatalityPitt; 27th November 2016 at 06:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FatalityPitt View Post
    So much that I'd even buy the Getaway Breakaway figure as a spare body for Chromedome (or as an Arctic Battlesuit upgrade).
    Or perhaps as Getaway? If you were watching The Headmasters in Malaysia then I'm assuming that you had access to Masterforce too? (no doubt in those awful StarTV dubs ). Besides, if Chromedome can withstand being in the vacuum of space, I'm sure that he can withstand being in the Arctic.*

--------------------------------------------------------
    *The coldest temperature in the Arctic is -50°, which isn't even the coldest place in the Northern Hemisphere. That would be in the interior of Russia's Far East. The rural district of Oymyakon (Оймяко́н) the lowest recorded temperature is -71.2°. The coldest place on Earth is Antarctica, with the lowest recorded temperature of -89.2° (coincidentally recorded at the Russian Vostok station). In space, objects can become as cold as -270.45°.

FatalityPitt Guest

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Besides, if Chromedome can withstand being in the vacuum of space, I'm sure that he can withstand being in the Arctic.*

--------------------------------------------------------
    *The coldest temperature in the Arctic is -50°, which isn't even the coldest place in the Northern Hemisphere. That would be in the interior of Russia's Far East. The rural district of Oymyakon (Оймяко́н) the lowest recorded temperature is -71.2°. The coldest place on Earth is Antarctica, with the lowest recorded temperature of -89.2° (coincidentally recorded at the Russian Vostok station). In space, objects can become as cold as -270.45°.
    Interesting facts. I'd never have thought there'd be a place in the Northern Hemisphere colder than the Arctic.

Also, from memory, the final battle in the Headmasters anime took place in the South Pole. Before that, Chromedome and team fought Galvatron in Alaska where they buried Galvatron in ice (this was the last we ever saw of G1 Galvatron in the cartoons).. There are a lot of Tundra battles in that show now that I think of it. Even though Chromedome never wore white on the show, I like to think he would have during the tundra battles if the idea and means came about - just to look cool (pun half-intended).
    Last edited by FatalityPitt; 28th November 2016 at 12:43 AM.