Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast

Thread: Stupid Australian $

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Our tourism/hospitality and export industries should be smiling atm though.
    If the market is at all inclined to take a holiday at this time...

EDIT:

66c in early morning trade. Fellow collectors, I believe, we are proverbially $#@!ed.
    Last edited by STL; 9th October 2008 at 03:23 AM.
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

man... I think I may sit on an RK order for the time being <_<

Current Wants:
    Shadow Scyther

We should tell Robotkingdom to trade in aussie dollars.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Our tourism/hospitality and export industries should be smiling atm though.
    American and Euopean based travellers don't have the money to travel, since their markets have taken a bigger hit than ours. However the Asia based Travellers will be laughing!

US$0.65 is still better than the US$0.50 we had back at the turn of the millennium, don't know about Transformers but it was still slightly cheaper to buy DBZ stuff from the US back then!

However my plans to order stuff from overseas for Chrissy presents this year is going down the gurgler... Since Paypal takes so long to clear payments, my Alt Wheeljack ended up costing me about $15 extra than it did when I actually bought it.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    Since Paypal takes so long to clear payments, my Alt Wheeljack ended up costing me about $15 extra than it did when I actually bought it.
    Just FYI, in case you haven't been following some of the other Paypal threads, you can avoid this delay simply by attaching a credit card (or Visa/MC debit card), even if you don't use it.

Quote Originally Posted by jaydisc View Post
    Just FYI, in case you haven't been following some of the other Paypal threads, you can avoid this delay simply by attaching a credit card (or Visa/MC debit card), even if you don't use it.
    Interesting... my bank card also doubles as a credit card now... thanks for the heads up!
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

The dollar has sunk to 2000's exchange rate against the yen. As someone who buys more TFs from Japan than the USA, I'm not happy. As Sofaman said, the yen is considered a "safe" currency.. ironically the Japanese economy has been sluggish for years while ours is still doing relatively well.

The RBA's rate drop will accelerate this slide, at least until panicked speculators realise that our economy is doing a lot better than those of countries who removed all their banking regulations (USA, Iceland..)

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    Interesting... my bank card also doubles as a credit card now... thanks for the heads up!
    That's exactly what I have. Unbeknownst to Paypal, my "credit card" and "bank account" are really the same thing. That way, when I pay, I use the "credit" card and I get my bank's better conversion rate, Visa protections, Paypal loses 2-3% (bonus! ) and when I collect, I just put it back into my bank account.

Quote Originally Posted by jaydisc View Post
    That's exactly what I have. Unbeknownst to Paypal, my "credit card" and "bank account" are really the same thing. That way, when I pay, I use the "credit" card and I get my bank's better conversion rate, Visa protections, Paypal loses 2-3% (bonus! ) and when I collect, I just put it back into my bank account.
    Eh? jay so if you pay at robotkingdom, you go through paypal->credit card?

Or you just purely use your 'credit' card at RK?

reason being is that my order the other day from RK (0.72USD/AUD) paypal wouldn't let me instant bank transfer even though I have my bank(credit) card linked. Ended up using an echeque which used a rate of 0.71USD/AUD

Quote Originally Posted by k.wong23 View Post
    Eh? jay so if you pay at robotkingdom, you go through paypal->credit card?

Or you just purely use your 'credit' card at RK?

reason being is that my order the other day from RK (0.72USD/AUD) paypal wouldn't let me instant bank transfer even though I have my bank(credit) card linked. Ended up using an echeque which used a rate of 0.71USD/AUD
    I use credit card through Paypal. Didn't know you could use card direct. Pretty sure you can't. Also, I change the conversion options (doable after choosing credit card as funding source) to let my card do the conversion which is best because Paypal gouges conversion rates.