Page 16 of 75 FirstFirst ... 611121314151617181920212636 ... LastLast

Thread: It's Official - MP-36 is a new Megatron

I hope we don't get another MP Optimus mould for a long time. If they do Optimus you know they will replace every other current MP over time. I don't want to buy them all again. A MP10+ tho since MP10 is a little more toy accurate than show accurate would be ok with me. I really wonder how the first MP14's colours got chosen tho, he was the least cartoon accurate MP in the current era.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    I hope we don't get another MP Optimus mould for a long time. If they do Optimus you know they will replace every other current MP over time. I don't want to buy them all again. A MP10+ tho since MP10 is a little more toy accurate than show accurate would be ok with me. I really wonder how the first MP14's colours got chosen tho, he was the least cartoon accurate MP in the current era.
    And yet that's what collecting TF's is all about, sure we get some new characters too, but how much often do we get new versions of the same old flagship characters?

Mp 10 is what? 6 years old so he's getting on in marketing years, though I'm sure they will wait a few years before making a complete new mold.

Alternatively you could just skip MP Optimus Prime 3.0. I got MP10 because unlike MP1 it had the trailer and Roller, and it was a freebie (). Both MP1 and MP10 are excellent toys in their own right and I see no reason to get another MP Optimus Prime. TakaraTOMY can go ahead and release another one if they want, but I'll probably skip it just as I skipped MP11 Starscream and the subsequent Thundercracker and Skywarp redecos of that mould. I'm happy enough with the original MP3 versions (and I do own 2 versions of the MP11 mould w/ MP Acidstorm and Sunstorm).

Is there anything really wrong with MP10, though? Or do people just have issues with colours etc. Would anyone prefer a version like what we're getting with Inferno (the ability to change between show accurate, or toy accurate features)???

Smint is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

His arms a bit long and there's something about his head sculpt. It super nice and all but i'd really like a G1 styled head like the optional head that comes with the MPP10v KO.

Quote Originally Posted by Smint View Post
    His arms a bit long and there's something about his head sculpt. It super nice and all but i'd really like a G1 styled head like the optional head that comes with the MPP10v KO.
    I just had a look MPP10v KO, but I'm just not feeling it. I like some of the additional decorations though.

hYpNoS is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzman View Post
    Is there anything really wrong with MP10, though? Or do people just have issues with colours etc. Would anyone prefer a version like what we're getting with Inferno (the ability to change between show accurate, or toy accurate features)???
    I guess he was made to be more a good general representation of optimus prime with features from both the toy and the show, not accurate to the line but very recognizable.

This new megatron is more in favor of anime accuracy and doesn't match what mp10 achieved, an mp10+ would have little to "improve" upon unless it has a new head since he just needs his back colors changed, shins in all blue, take out the silver chrome and make it white...

I honestly dislike what they're doing with mp's lately, what mp10 had was a beautiful merger of both toy accuracy AND show accuracy (from anime featured accessories to certain paint apps that homage both toy and show appearances), still I'm a sucker for them and whatever they do with a new mp optimus, its gotta be mind blowing

I love MP10, but a battle damage Op to go with battle damage Megs

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    I love MP10, but a battle damage Op to go with battle damage Megs
    I agree - will be sweet! But does some serious damage to the wallet! haha

Quote Originally Posted by hYpNoS View Post
    I guess he was made to be more a good general representation of optimus prime with features from both the toy and the show, not accurate to the line but very recognizable.

This new megatron is more in favor of anime accuracy and doesn't match what mp10 achieved, an mp10+ would have little to "improve" upon unless it has a new head since he just needs his back colors changed, shins in all blue, take out the silver chrome and make it white...

I honestly dislike what they're doing with mp's lately, what mp10 had was a beautiful merger of both toy accuracy AND show accuracy (from anime featured accessories to certain paint apps that homage both toy and show appearances), still I'm a sucker for them and whatever they do with a new mp optimus, its gotta be mind blowing
    Agreed. It's not much of the colors but more of the aesthetics of a balance between toy and cartoon accuracy.

Since Kobayashi took over the focus has shifted towards cartoon accuracy. Nothing wrong with it and I like both styles. However a complete re-shell may be necessary to give MP10 an updated look

I'd totally agree that there's no real need for a new MP OP but for someone like me who's particular about how their toy robots look next to each other, the difference is quite noticeable.