Page 27 of 75 FirstFirst ... 71722232425262728293031323747 ... LastLast

Thread: It's Official - MP-36 is a new Megatron

Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post
    Your comments may change after receiving the product.
    If we are going to talk about engineering then mp-10 is pretty straight forward and should be even cheaper.

Looking at a third party Willis for example and can incorporate paint and metal with a great price at $120. Says a lot different.

Furthermore mp Magnus is bigger and has quite a bit of engineering and is priced significant lower.

I just want to see it on hand whether is worth $240 at all.
    I don't plan on buying this one.

I couldn't comment on third-party product and whether it represents 'value for money'; it doesn't interest me and I won't buy it.

My point is that judging by all the hinges and seams, it appears to have a very complex transformation and will likely have a high part count, especially in something that's a little over half the size of MP Ultra Magnus. That complexity is what you're paying for.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post

My point is that judging by all the hinges and seams, it appears to have a very complex transformation and will likely have a high part count, especially in something that's a little over half the size of MP Ultra Magnus. That complexity is what you're paying for.
    Agree. Although I am getting it, it does look quite messy/complex with what looks to be lots of small pieces around the shoulder area especially. There WILL be issues with this. I guarantee it.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Hinges or not I believe this is just more of a this is Megatron you will buy it price tag more than engineering justification. As you have not touched third parties you might not been familiar with the high quality material other brands had been using. Not even going persuade anyone to look as I will let you figure out on your own.

Not bashing this toy either, just felt it was a bit way overpriced for plastic. Especially if they are going not painted look in this one if that's the case.

Hinges or not I believe this is just more of a this is Megatron you will buy it price tag more than engineering justification. As you have not touched third parties you might not been familiar with the high quality material other brands had been using. Not even going persuade anyone to look as I will let you figure out on your own.

Not bashing this toy either, just felt it was a bit way overpriced for plastic. Especially if they are going not painted look in this one if that's the case.
    prices changes over time for everything, 4 potato scallops used to cost me 20c @ the milkbar but now i pay $2+ for the same, still made with the same o ingredients if not less and all cooked with TLC by the underpaid always grumpy shop owner, yet i pay more :-P

oh ye the listing is going live in most JP sites, takmall putting their listing up already full RRP of course

amiami is already up with their usual 30% off at 17,280 YEN http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/det...%24pagecnt%3D1

HLJ listing won't be far off.

Quote Originally Posted by aching878 View Post
    prices changes over time for everything, 4 potato scallops used to cost me 20c @ the milkbar but now i pay $2+ for the same, still made with the same o ingredients if not less and all cooked with TLC by the underpaid always grumpy shop owner, yet i pay more :-P
    Based on inferno and grapple says otherwise.

Is make in China is it not or we get Vietnam if lucky

Based on inferno and grapple says otherwise
    mostly same build with shared parts can lead to lower overall production cost

mostly same build with shared parts can lead to lower overall production cost
    oh okay.

I see that's justified

Yoth prime $180
    Mp-10b $180
    Mp-10$250
    Mp-10 Eva $280
    Mp-10 shuttered glass $220

I think they don't even change a thing except paint

oh okay.

I see that's justified

Yoth prime $180
    Mp-10b $180
    Mp-10$250
    Mp-10 Eva $280
    Mp-10 shuttered glass $220

I think they don't even change a thing except paint
    yet all off them are released at different time where inflation would vary as would global currency rate.

All biz exist to make profit and if there is a demand and people will pay the price, they will charge it. only on rare occasions you'll find a biz purposely charging way below rrp and purposely have a lower profit margin, it's plain silly.

Remember end of day no one 'really' needs to buy anything since these are all simply optional wants :-)

yet all off them are released at different time where inflation would vary as would global currency rate.

Remember end of day no one 'really' needs to buy anything since these are all simply optional wants :-)
    I went based on your theory. That's all

Mp Tracks was way too many hinges and had road rage and the Tokyo black
    Yet the price was pretty steep. Now it's at ridiculous 3,000 jpy and still heaps.

You have shockwave with one off atm ad so is starsaber but priced pretty much less.

All I am saying is I am a bit shocked its at mp-10 price with not much to show for. Of course my opinion can change. But I be expecting a big box by the price we are judging on.