Page 39 of 75 FirstFirst ... 192934353637383940414243444959 ... LastLast

Thread: It's Official - MP-36 is a new Megatron

Smint is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

But it looks exactly like the official screenshot. It's not clean but i dont mind.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Suck in, most of us already paid for it, no point whinging about it.
    Just wait for it on hand.

Yup, just flip to page 37 of this thread to see the back kibble has always been the same. I don't think its an issue either, there has to be a trade off to get this figure looking as accurate as possible to both modes. I find it less intrusive than Ironhide/Ratchet's hip kibble quite frankly.

Looks the same if you compare the leak with the Figure King scans:

Wouldn't surprise me if there's some mis-transformation going on in some spots though.

it's interesting to see so many locally and overseas 'suddenly' disappointed by the back since the testshot/reject pics show up

like others already pointed out nothing has really changed since the official shots were released showing the back looks messy from get go, likely a by product of the transformation engineering/design but at least from recent examples we know it'll likely be a intuitive and good one.
    Last edited by aching878; 4th January 2017 at 08:14 PM.

Can't please everyone. I'm not displaying mine with his back facing out, so I don't care if the back looks like that

Jellico is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

OTOH with the real life shadows those legs are looking impressively solid compared to Shockwave's hollow shells.

hYpNoS is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by MEEEGGGAAATTTRRROOONNN!!! View Post
    Looks the same if you compare the leak with the Figure King scans:

Wouldn't surprise me if there's some mis-transformation going on in some spots though.
    Now that you posted this I noticed something, the back panels are actually reversed on the test shot, rather than being "filled in" mess of multiple panels we're looking at the back of the "single slab".

I think takara just tried to add complexity to mp megatron but end up loosing his back, surprised they couldn't do better seeing how the main gimmick of inferno and grapple WAS their back ladder magic, and some of those 3p megatrons had cleaner backs (to be fair my personal picks have the ugliest XD)

Quote Originally Posted by MayzaPrime View Post
    How many people are going to display him with the back showing... It will only be an issue if you have a mirror on the back of your display case

For me the back kibble is a non-issue, it is still miles better than MP-05 (which I love BTW).
    I have a mirror on the back of my display cabinet. And I'm still not fussed.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

The whole figure looks like a jigsaw puzzle. It looks horrid.