Page 49 of 75 FirstFirst ... 293944454647484950515253545969 ... LastLast

Thread: It's Official - MP-36 is a new Megatron

So HLJ jusr re-emailed their declaration.

Quote Originally Posted by HLJ
    Hello again-

This is Xxxx Xxxxxxx at HobbyLink Japan, with an update on your order for Takara-Tomy's Transformers Masterpiece MP-36 Megatron.

This toy will be packaged in robot mode. However, it can be transformed into a realistic-looking likeness of a gun, which is also pictured prominently on this item's packaging. We are writing to let you know that to keep MP-36 Megatron in compliance with Title 15, Chapter 76 of the United States Code, for orders shipped to the U.S. and Australia we will be attaching a blaze orange plastic plug not only into the end of the barrel, but also into the end of the included silencer that is designed to fit over the barrel and so would obscure the barrel's plug.

Installing these plugs will require our staff to open the packaging, which will involve cutting the tape on the outer box flap and the tape on the inner clamshells. This will be performed with the utmost care, but of course will prevent us from delivering this product to U.S. and Australian customers in "unopened" condition. Please do not remove the blaze orange plastic plugs after you have received MP-36 Megatron.

**While this modification brings the toy into compliance with U.S. law, please be aware that your importation and/or ownership of this toy may not be in compliance with your own country's laws. As always, acting in accordance with your country's laws is your own responsibility, and importing any item to your country is at your own risk.**

We will start to fill U.S. and Australian orders for this hotly awaited item within the next week, after the blaze orange plugs have been applied. If you would prefer to cancel your order, the My Account system (accessible by clicking "My Account" on the top right of page on http://www.hlj.com) will allow you to do so any time before your order has been filled.

Thank you for shopping with us!

Best Regards,

Xxxx Xxxxxxx
    Hobby Links Japan
    EDIT: I replied asking how the plug will be affixed.
    Which brings us to where we are today...

bowspearer Guest

Actually bounced it off before I got your response Ralph. In the ACT theses days and called up the ACT Firearms Registry 30 mins after I sent the email to make sure it had surfaced. Was told in no uncertain terms that the legislation for replica firearms explicitly excludes toys. I was told that they had no issues and if needed, they could have a B709A processed within a few days for it. They also suggested I call customs to check it was prohibited; I called Customs and was told that in all likelihood it would be seized.

Being concerned about Tober's point, I asked if any suggestions could be made about how the figure was handled during seizure re Tober's point about boxes being written on. When the woman I spoke to advised me to do was to send it out via private courier, as even though Customs still maintain legal jurisdiction over the seizure, it remains in the custody of the courier company and they handle the entire process themselves.

To that end, I'm wondering about sending it out from my private warehouse though DHL as they seem to be only slightly more expensive than EMS as a shipping option.

Anyone got any thoughts on that front?

bowspearer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Tober View Post
    So HLJ jusr re-emailed their declaration.

EDIT: I replied asking how the plug will be affixed.
    For booting up cold! Does someone need to send them a map showing where the US is and where Australia is?

Looks like we're back to coins:

Okay guys. I just received a reply to an email i sent requesting hlj not to open and place a plug on mp36 because it's not necassary here in aus. Mark katsugi informed me that hlj will not be opening boxes to place a orange plug on any of the mp36 bound for australia. That's a win for us

And again from HLJ:

TL: DR Version. They are sending out unopened MP-36 boxes to Australia.

Hello again-

This is Xxxx Xxxxxxx at HobbyLink Japan. I wrote earlier today about your order for Takara-Tomy's Transformers Masterpiece MP-36 Megatron.

After receiving information from several Australian hobbyists about import regulations (which, we have learned, do *not* require a blaze-orange plastic plug for toy guns) and their experiences regarding the import of gun-shaped Transformers, we have decided to send our Australian customers the regular unopened, unaltered version of MP-36 Megatron.

As always, **please be aware that your importation and/or ownership of this toy may not be in compliance with your own country's laws. As always, acting in accordance with your country's laws is your own responsibility, and importing any item to your country is at your own risk.**

That said, here is a page with a wealth of information regarding the import of gun-shaped Transformers: http://www.toycollectors.com.au/megatron.html
    We highly recommend it, and thank Matthew Griffin for bringing it to our attention.

We apologize for any confusion caused by our previous two e-mails regarding your MP-36 Megatron order. This item has just arrived, and we will start filling orders for it soon! (If you would prefer to cancel your order, though, we ask that you please do so as soon as possible. The My Account system, accessible by clicking "My Account" on the top right of page on http://www.hlj.com, will allow you to cancel if your order has not yet been filled.)

We appreciate your business with us!

Best Regards,

Xxxx Xxxxxxx
    HobbyLink Japan
    Which brings us to where we are today...

Nice work Griffin. My thanks to you for getting on the front foot.

bowspearer Guest

Dammit, you mean I just finished composing a lengthy email where I went through the relevant parts of this document at length for nothing lol

bowspearer Guest

Just caught the video. I'm not sure a heart attack during transformation will be out of the question - it makes an Alternity figure look like a G1 Minicar in comparison; heck, I was freaking out just watching him transform it.

TT seriously nailed it with this guy in every way and I have to agree with everyone else- the technology on MP figures has advanced that much that we need an Optimus 3.0 and I also thought I'd never be saying that.

Megatran Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Darkness View Post
    Nice work Griffin. My thanks to you for getting on the front foot.
    Ditto.

Why did I cancel my preorder.