Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread: JP Legends + Other Translations by me.

It is good to see your work being shared on major fansites, with credit to the source.

Energon Enema?
    Is that what it actually translated into, or is that something official from somewhere pre-existing?

It is an odd thing for the Battlemaster Rung toy to be its purpose... to be stuck up the butt of the Quintesson Judge toy. Not something I would have thought of if it was my job to write these toy comics.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    It is good to see your work being shared on major fansites, with credit to the source.

Energon Enema?
    Is that what it actually translated into, or is that something official from somewhere pre-existing?

It is an odd thing for the Battlemaster Rung toy to be its purpose... to be stuck up the butt of the Quintesson Judge toy. Not something I would have thought of if it was my job to write these toy comics.
    Yes, I was pleasantly surprised as well.
    The Energon Enema was directly translated and is a thing from the Earthwars game it seems. An... interesting and inventive (I guess) usage.

No new updates, but I have taken the liberty of compiling the whole collection into a CBR if anyone is interested. I also updated a few of the earlier pages, now that some things have become clearer (which aids in consitency)

Feel free to download it and keep it for your heart's contentment. Quite surprised that I've worked on 80+ pages of these things now....

https://tetstoys.blogspot.com/2020/1...ts-comics.html

The next chapter has been added to the Abominus product page... mirrored here for when the product page disappears.

It's 16 pages, so if Tets does a translation, it might take a while.

It looks like they leave the comics upt longer than the product page, so some of the older ones can still be accessed directly.

This is final comic part one, so not final then from the Volcanicus page.

https://takaratomymall.jp/img/goods/...mics_final.pdf

I've translated through about 7 pages so far but am yet to start editing.

While there is a lot of pages, there isn't so many effects going on, so editing the comic (the fun part) shouldn't take too long (fingers crossed).

So Energon enemas are real, apparently, but are less ?recreational? and more ?medicinal?. My reading of the comic is that its a sudden infusion of energon, and that Rung is the power-source. That it should be inserted that way, as opposed to say a mini-con port, seems somewhat strange though. If I were a Cybertronian, I think I?d much prefer a mini-con partner?s power up.

Tetsuwan Convoy, you?re an angel just for doing the translations, but putting them together as a CBR file is going above and beyond in service to the Transfan community. Many thanks!
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Quote Originally Posted by reillyd View Post
    Tetsuwan Convoy, you?re an angel just for doing the translations, but putting them together as a CBR file is going above and beyond in service to the Transfan community. Many thanks!
    Yeeees, feed my ego!
    all kidding aside, thanks. It's nice to hear people are enjoying it.

Latest lot is done and I even added to the CBR

https://tetstoys.blogspot.com/2021/0...1-english.html

I didn't realise the next translated part was up, until I saw it today on TFW.
    That's a lot of work... I really wish you could have everything published that you've translated, and get commission for your work. The story got very complicated and confusing some time ago, but a printed/published edition might help as it would be easier to flick back and forth on things that didn't make as much sense on their own in one chapter.

Yeah that would be nice. It turns out is was a lot of work. lol.
    For the last one, I think I averaged an hour a page.... What have I been doing with my life.

As for publishing, yeah, I would like that too, but I don't know where to start, if you have any ideas, let me know. ha ha ha. Getting a bit of cash for this effort would be a lovely bonus.

I suspect there ill be another one when Abominus drops on this weekend as well.

I might start embedding a thumbnail or something to spice the thread up a bit

Another part of the Manga comic (in Japanese) on the Abominus product page on TakaraTomyMall. (mirrored here for when the product page is taken down).