Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cheapest price you have ever seen a G1 BLACK VARIANT powermaster prime go for in OZ?

Default Cheapest price you have ever seen a G1 BLACK VARIANT powermaster prime go for in OZ?

Have you ever seen any of the BLACK VARIANT of G1 Powermaster Prime sold in Oz, and what is best prices you have seen him for?

Ebay prices are way up there, so just looking to get some idea of what is sensible to pay for it.

Could have asked in that "other" thread, but stuff gets steamrolled over every day and ignored there when 10 questions immediately followed, it, and everytime so far I've posted in that thread nobody answered anything.

Thanks for any tips pricemongers!

Yeah he is super expensive, not sure what the current prices are but they have been very high for a long time.

Megatran Guest

Are you referring to the 2001 Japanese C-307X Nucleon Quest Super Convoy?

http://www.tfu.info/2001/Autobot/Nuc...y/nqconvoy.htm

It was a TRU Japan exclusive limited to 1,000 units. Hence why the relatively high price on the secondary market, though ebay can be highly inflated. IIRC sold mine earlier this year on this forum for $250, perhaps a little less.

Quote Originally Posted by Megatran View Post
    Are you referring to the 2001 Japanese C-307X Nucleon Quest Super Convoy?

http://www.tfu.info/2001/Autobot/Nuc...y/nqconvoy.htm

It was a TRU Japan exclusive limited to 1,000 units. Hence why the relatively high price on the secondary market, though ebay can be highly inflated. IIRC sold mine earlier this year on this forum for $250, perhaps a little less.
    Yup. Thanks for posting. That at least gives me a ballpark figure I can compare with curernt ebay prices.

ebay prices 9/10 times higher than local collector prices, that is why I asked. Of course condition, loose vs MISB etc all comes into it.

Looks like one of those toys that will keep going up, or at least stay high.
    Watched a youtube review of it, and the guy paid around $150 US at the time, which was maybe several years ago.

Megatran Guest

The one I sold was MISB.

Keep in mind ebay prices are higher than normal most of the time. But some times you can find someone that is selling at a more normal price. Also I've noticed from your postings that you seem to be concerned with what the Australian prices are. Australian prices for Transformers can be even higher on the secondary market than buying from the US, China inc HK and Taiwan or Japan and paying the extra shipping. Don't be afraid to buy from overseas sellers with high feedback scores, it can save you some cash.

The price that Megatran sold his for was probably on the cheap end for collector to collector sales, but I wouldn't go more than $450 on e-bay for MISB on e-bay. Be patient and one will turn up somewhere, just stick toy a budget, sometimes if an item has been on ebay for a very long time, say about three months, it may be worth sending an offer to the seller.
    I still function.....................while killing threads. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Keep in mind ebay prices are higher than normal most of the time. But some times you can find someone that is selling at a more normal price. Also I've noticed from your postings that you seem to be concerned with what the Australian prices are. Australian prices for Transformers can be even higher on the secondary market than buying from the US, China inc HK and Taiwan or Japan and paying the extra shipping. Don't be afraid to buy from overseas sellers with high feedback scores, it can save you some cash.
    The point of this thread was that if someone in OZ already had one, and sold it here, those were the prices I was interested in, I look everywhere for stuff, but when possible buy from other collectors in OZ as it cheaper than slapping on another $50-100 to import from wherever.

And yeah I'm aware we pay though the nose for everything in this country.
    But we get paid higher on average than Americans for doing the same shitty jobs so...
    Thanks for posting.
    I buy like 90% of my toys on import, mostly chugs and whatever current lines are in OZ as readily available.

I don't recall ever seeing this toy being sold here, and I'm talking about specialty import stores (which were still plentiful at the time). Does anyone in Sydney remember if AV Super Store sold it? (they'd be the most likely to have done so)... Games Infinity may have, but their price would've been ludicrously expensive. I do remember the regular version of Ginrai shelfwarming at dirt cheap prices though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Batfan007 View Post
    And yeah I'm aware we pay though the nose for everything in this country.
    MP Soundwave was released here at a really good price. Also, one advantage of living in the Asia-Pacific region is that we pay much cheaper shipping from Japan.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I don't recall ever seeing this toy being sold here, and I'm talking about specialty import stores (which were still plentiful at the time). Does anyone in Sydney remember if AV Super Store sold it? (they'd be the most likely to have done so)... Games Infinity may have, but their price would've been ludicrously expensive. I do remember the regular version of Ginrai shelfwarming at dirt cheap prices though.

MP Soundwave was released here at a really good price. Also, one advantage of living in the Asia-Pacific region is that we pay much cheaper shipping from Japan.
    It is? I had no idea. Most of my new TF ebay stuff was from china (other than postage from eastern states).

I've bought a couple items from HLJ, but that is it.