Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Combiner Wars G2 Bruticus at Kmart for $99 (in store and online)

Has anyone tried to get ToysRUs to price match other titans ie victorian / computron?

Quote Originally Posted by Tropisetron View Post
    Has anyone tried to get ToysRUs to price match other titans ie victorian / computron?
    I thought about trying yesterday but didn't have a catalogue on me and I'm never lucky with that type of thing. Especially with the crabby woman at the counter. Got my Computron for $135 so didn't want to push my luck

It has now found its way to Maroochydore but there was only one left as of yesterday afternoon. I laybyd one and another guy who was looking at them when I found them picked the other up.

If you are looking for them they are not in the ordinary Transformers section, but across the way with the other toy sale items and some RID Optimus Primes.

Damn

Why do they always have to be the G2 sets with god awful colours?

No offence to the people who do dig them but wished they were the vanilla sets
    Sometimes all you need is a little energon and alotta luck...

Quote Originally Posted by Gofigure View Post
    Damn

Why do they always have to be the G2 sets with god awful colours?

No offence to the people who do dig them but wished they were the vanilla sets
    Thinking of taking mine back

FatalityPitt Guest

I'm kinda torn. I can't decide on whether to pursue a cheap G2 Bruticus, or wait for Computron to go on sale. The first and only combiner I own is Victorion which I got on sale at Big W (I skipped all the single release CW deluxes and Voyagers), and I'm looking to get just one more combiner.

In theory, I should be looking for Fruit-icus (G2). He's cheap, and I had Action Master Shockwave and the G2 Combaticon limbs as a child, except Onslaught; my Onslaught was a bootleg from a no-name Chinese toy company. So anyway, CW G2 Bruticus has some nostaligia value for me... But I'm fundementally not a big Bruticus fan (he's not bad, I just like other characters more), and considering that this Bruticus mold will be used many times (regular CW Bruticus, UW Bruticus, G2 Bruticus, Baldigus, and probably Battle Gaia in the future); there's nothing really new or unique here besides the colours and AM Shockwave.

On the otherhand, Computron is my favourite combiner (character-wise), but right now; he costs more than what I'd be willing to pay. I'd wait for him to go on sale, but I'm impatient, and there's no guaratee that he'll be as cheap as G2 Bruticus.

Ohhh, I'm in a dilemma here. Get G2 Bruticus, or wait for Computron to go on sale..

My local Kmart has 6 g2 bruticusii and I am in east brissie

About 8 units at our Kmart yet most of them are have damaged boxes. Also the first time ive encountered a mum looking for a mint box for his son

Had him in my hot hands last Friday but ultimately passed. The G2 colour scheme does nothing for me and Blast Off should be a space shuttle darnit! Didn't realise that he came with Shockwave though which is a nice bonus.

Oh, and there were about 3 of them at Stanhope. May or may not still be there.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

FatalityPitt Guest

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Had him in my hot hands last Friday but ultimately passed. The G2 colour scheme does nothing for me and Blast Off should be a space shuttle darnit! Didn't realise that he came with Shockwave though which is a nice bonus.
    Admittedly, G2 Blast Off was among my favourite transformers as a child. I used him as my 'pretend Astrotrain', because I got into the Transformers fad too late. This Combiner Wars G2 Blast Off is a nice homage to that toy, but I still don't feel it. To win me over, it needed a Space shuttle alt mode (United Wars mold), or at very least; a mouth plate and separate-non-visor-eyes. Painting the Slingshot mold Blast Off colours is like painting a taxi camo green and trying to pass it off as an army tank.