Thread: Combiner Wars Liokaiser at Myer

Default Combiner Wars Liokaiser at Myer

Seems to have popped up at Myer for $180. Myer also have a buy 2 toys get 20% off deal right now too.

This was at the Melbourne cbd store.

what the heck.... and I'm still waiting for PC to get theirs in.

$180 for a Combiner set at Myer... something seems a bit odd there, for Myer to be cheaper than the usual $200 price-tag of Combiner sets. If I had known it was coming to Myer I would have said to expect $250-300 for it. $180 isn't too bad, considering they often have percentage-off sales.

I noticed on mine the other day that they have this set labelled as a Platinum Edition, while all the other sets are just labelled as regular Combiner Wars.
    I know it is a little fancier, being a homage to character toys that were never released by Hasbro, but I don't see that as being a reason for this one set being a "shiny" Platinum Edition set... especially when it is not as good value as the previous sets, as it doesn't have a Legends toy as its sixth member. If anything, Computron has a Legends and a Micron, while Liokaiser just has a Micron, making it one $15-20 toy short in comparison. (which kinda makes more sense having Liokaiser cheaper, but I don't think its RRP in America was any different to other Combiner sets)

I still like it though, and is worth buying... if you haven't had Combiner overload yet.

hYpNoS is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I'm still holding out to see what takara does, liozack was one of my fav's for victory and I'd really want him as the gestalt chest rather than what we got here, but the price...is gonna be hard to pass up.

Is it true this platinum edition box doesn't open up by any chance?

Quote Originally Posted by hYpNoS View Post
    I'm still holding out to see what takara does, liozack was one of my fav's for victory and I'd really want him as the gestalt chest rather than what we got here, but the price...is gonna be hard to pass up.

Is it true this platinum edition box doesn't open up by any chance?
    It didn't have a flip cover to windowed box. Pretty sure the box will open though

hYpNoS is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by BruiseLee View Post
    It didn't have a flip cover to windowed box. Pretty sure the box will open though
    Derp, glad you recognized what I meant to say XD

That's a shame but oh well thank you for the clarification!