View Poll Results: Who should be the new Prime?

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • Arcee

10 15.87%
  • Hound

10 15.87%
  • Megatron

4 6.35%
  • Optimus Primal

8 12.70%
  • Shockwave

6 9.52%
  • Star Saber

9 14.29%
  • Thunderwing

3 4.76%
  • Ultra Magnus

7 11.11%
  • Unknown Evil

6 9.52%
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456789 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Fan Vote for new leader in the Power of the Primes series

What Paulbot said is correct. Optimus Primal was merely the custodian of Optimus Prime's Spark for a short time, and the power of Prime's Spark did mutate Optimus Primal's body, but the Spark itself remained dormant and separate from Optimus Primal's Spark.

Beast Wars is to G1 what Rogue One is to the Original Star Wars Trilogy -- it doesn't just expand on the original story, it makes the original better.

Still... Primal was upgraded... When Magnus carried the Matrix nothing happened, Hot Rod on the other hand... I get that the writers came out after the fact but it was clear that the spark was in the Matrix and went into Primal who was upgraded. Matrix + upgrade = Prime.

The Universe Comic touched on Primal being a Prime as well. As Alpha Trion could have brought back anyone from any time line including Prime but he picked Primal.

Regardless of the canon I still like to think that Primal is a descendant of the Primes perhaps Onyx Prime. This is all just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by MayzaPrime View Post
    Still... Primal was upgraded... When Magnus carried the Matrix nothing happened, Hot Rod on the other hand... I get that the writers came out after the fact but it was clear that the spark was in the Matrix and went into Primal who was upgraded. Matrix + upgrade = Prime.
    Forward and DiTillio thought that the Matrix was nothing more than a vessel for Prime's Matrix. So it's really the Spark of a power G1 TF in the body of a BW TF = upgrade. Remember that the same thing happened to BW Megatron when he placed the Spark of G1 Megatron inside his body - he was mutated into his Transmetal 2 dragon form, and G1 Megatron is certainly no Prime nor a Matrix bearer. As the BW writers explained, it's because they wanted to make the G1 Transformers seem like gods/titans in the eyes of the BW TFs, so the idea of a "mere mortal" BW TF placing a mighty G1 TF's Spark inside their body would mean a massive boost. Although the show did say that there's great risk as the surge could very likely destroy the host Spark. Both Optimus Primal and BW Megatron risked Spark-death when they placed their G1 namesakes' Sparks in their bodies. Primal did it because there was no choice; Optimus Prime's Spark would have perished had it remained in his damaged body - Primal had to temporarily carry the Spark so that his body could sustain it while Rhinox initiated repairs. BW Megatron took the risk because he felt that it was worth the benefits of having a powerful body like Optimal Optimus. None of it had anything to do with the Matrix, and the writers have admitted since that they misunderstood what the Matrix was when they watched TFTM.

Quote Originally Posted by MayzaPrime View Post
    The Universe Comic touched on Primal being a Prime as well. As Alpha Trion could have brought back anyone from any time line including Prime but he picked Primal.

Regardless of the canon I still like to think that Primal is a descendant of the Primes perhaps Onyx Prime. This is all just my opinion.
    Oh right... the multiversal singularity thing which never existed when G1 or BW were written.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Forward and DiTillio thought that the Matrix was nothing more than a vessel for Prime's Matrix. So it's really the Spark of a power G1 TF in the body of a BW TF = upgrade. Remember that the same thing happened to BW Megatron when he placed the Spark of G1 Megatron inside his body - he was mutated into his Transmetal 2 dragon form, and G1 Megatron is certainly no Prime nor a Matrix bearer. As the BW writers explained, it's because they wanted to make the G1 Transformers seem like gods/titans in the eyes of the BW TFs, so the idea of a "mere mortal" BW TF placing a mighty G1 TF's Spark inside their body would mean a massive boost. Although the show did say that there's great risk as the surge could very likely destroy the host Spark. Both Optimus Primal and BW Megatron risked Spark-death when they placed their G1 namesakes' Sparks in their bodies. Primal did it because there was no choice; Optimus Prime's Spark would have perished had it remained in his damaged body - Primal had to temporarily carry the Spark so that his body could sustain it while Rhinox initiated repairs. BW Megatron took the risk because he felt that it was worth the benefits of having a powerful body like Optimal Optimus. None of it had anything to do with the Matrix, and the writers have admitted since that they misunderstood what the Matrix was when they watched TFTM.

Oh right... the multiversal singularity thing which never existed when G1 or BW were written.
    Like I said... this is my opinion due to the episode at the time... not when the writers admitted that they made a mistake afterwards...

You ain't going to change my mind

Give the Matrix to Wheelie!!
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

Get on board the gorilla flotilla!

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...
    TRANSFORMERS: UNITY -- the BotCon 2016 Comic Book that should have been...

Quote Originally Posted by Deonasis View Post
    Give the Matrix to Wheelie!!
    Quiet you, don't give Hasbro ideas :P

Get on board the gorilla flotilla and vote for the funky monkey to reshape the ape.

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...
    TRANSFORMERS: UNITY -- the BotCon 2016 Comic Book that should have been...

It's encouraging that so many people seem to be voting for Arcee. Representation matters.
    SofaMan - Occasionally Battling Evil with his Mighty Powers of Indolence

Is anyone else worried about Unknown Evil winning the vote? Cos if it does, then wouldn't that character be known? Kinda ruins it... Unless the toy gets made and it's a windowless box with no artwork and no information about the character, just marked "Unknown Evil" with a random evil character packed in side. It could be like a complete lottery! Who knows what could be inside? They should do it in a similar way as the G1 Mini Spies or Powerdasher; there's a set number of figures and it could be any one of them. And you make one of them an ultra rare chase figure. They could all be redecos too.

So for example, you could have:
    * Megatron - stealth bomber: redeco of Generations Deluxe Megs
    * Megatron - tank: redeco of Ultimate Battle Deluxe Megs
    * Unicron: redeco of Deluxe Cybertron Unicron
    * Starscream: redeco of Deluxe Classics Starscream
    * Megalligator: redeco of TR Skullsmasher w/ redecoed TR Nucleon as the Headmaster component ←rare chase figure!

So there would be no way that you could tell which figure was packaged in which "Unknown Evil" box until you purchased and opened it.