KICKBACK
Series – Titans Return
Size/class - Legends
New/remould/redeco - New
Wave - 3
Released here – December 2016
Approximate Retail Price - $20
Approximate Size - 10.5cm w/ wings down (13.3cm w/ wings up)
Allegiance - Decepticon
Alt-mode – Robotic grasshopper
Main Features/Gimmicks – Pilot compartment for Titan Master figure
Main Colours – black, yellow, purple
Main Accessories – None

Thoughts: For a Legends Class figure, the robot mode is pretty accurate to G1 Kickback - I'd say it's the most G1 accurate of the CHUGUR Insecticons. And beautifully toy accurate too! TakaraTOMY may give this figure a cartoon-like red visor, but I'm chuffed with the toy-accurate black visor. The Insecticon mode is more entomologically accurate than G1 Kickback in two main ways. Firstly, the insect head is large. Secondly, and this is a big difference - Titans Return Kickback has an abdomen. G1 Kickback only has a head and thorax in insect mode, no abdomen (although G1 Ransack did, but it made his robot mode look weird). TR Kickback manages to pull off having a humanoid looking body in robot mode yet more grasshopper-looking body in Insecticon mode! This comes as a complete surprise to me... I wasn't expecting this at all!

And to top things off, the chest window opens up and there are two pegs which you can clip a Titan Master's feet onto so that it can sit in there when Kickback's in Insecticon mode. This is of course a really neat tribute to G1 Kickback's Diaclone origin, but also gives this toy additional play value by making it interactive with Titan Master figures. My only gripe is that Kickback doesn't come with a weapon (at least CW Bombshell has gun muzzles on his hands), although his hands are compatible with 5mm port weapons, so it's easy enough to donate a weapon to him from another toy.

Photos!

Robot mode

Insecticon mode

Piloted Insecticon mode

Comparison with G1