Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 510111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: PC Hardware and building thread

Has anyone had any experience with those mini PCs? Specifically the ones you see on amazon for around $200. Looking to get something to use as a media Pc plugged into the TV and would like it to run Windows 10 and be as small as possible.

An example of the sort of thing I?m looking at: https://www.amazon.com.au/Computer-D...03036186&psc=1
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    Has anyone had any experience with those mini PCs? Specifically the ones you see on amazon for around $200. Looking to get something to use as a media Pc plugged into the TV and would like it to run Windows 10 and be as small as possible.

An example of the sort of thing I?m looking at: https://www.amazon.com.au/Computer-D...03036186&psc=1
    If you're willing to import this barebones is highly recommended by professional reviewers. https://www.asrock.com/nettop/AMD/De...A300%20Series/

You just have to supply a CPU, memory and an SSD then you can have a full working PC in a tiny case for a few hundred dollars.

I'm looking at importing one for my mum.

Anyone got any suggestions for an external media drive? I need something to play my 4K/Bluray/DVD discs on as well as burn the occasional disk for my son.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

There's not much on the market for 4K UHD Blu-rays other than this Pioneer BDR-XD06J-UHD and this Verbatim https://www.verbatim-europe.co.uk/en...-writer-43888/

I have the standard Blu-ray version of the Pioneer, can't fault it.

Good luck finding either at a good price.

I added a new skill to my PC building skill set. Hardline water cooling. I'm not entirely happy with the bend from the GPU to the CPU so I'll redo that when I do my first maintenance flush in half a year or so.

I was really surprised by how easy it was to do the bends and I'm sure glad I planned out the build in great detail before I ordered my parts as it meant I didn't have a ton of expensive fittings left over.

[IMG][/IMG]

I was looking to buy a new computer in the next 12 months but recent events are fast tracking that. I have a powerful tablet PC from work so I don't really need any more hardware just a screen because sitting at a home desk for 8 hours a day working on a table is not comfortable.

I spent the last two hours trying to find a reasonably priced monitor but all the big stores are sold out. Considering an all-in-one desktop but the reviews aren't all that great. Any recommendations from the more knowledgable and tech-savy PC users?

(I've considered the lowest end model of iMac but learning all those new shortcuts?)

If you just need a monitor for your laptop, try PCCG. https://www.pccasegear.com/

If you are going to buy a prebuilt PC you are in a world of hurt. There has been a massive run on PCs and accessories because people need to work from home all of a sudden. Plus prices have gone up because of the fallen Aussie Dollar. Prices rise and fall with the dollar, not when the stock actually enters the country because there are lots of deals in place in the PC industry.

Anyway, what do you need to do with your PC? Any games, CAD, video editing?

What size monitor are you looking for? Some stores seem to have bumped up their prices. The price of a monitor I bought two months ago has increased by around $50 (from the same store). They will, of course, say it is due to the poor exchange rate.

Thanks for the tip Deltaprime, I bought one from them and its on the way.

I only really need it for ergonomics, sitting at a desk looking at a surface pro was quickly bothering my neck. Id like to get a new PC or laptop at some point. Theres a couple of video editing projects Id like to do, but mostly its browser-based work, Ms Office and photo editing I do the most. Reviews of the HP all in ones were fairly poor but the price was okay, but finding a good price monitor on that site solved things. Even if maybe by normal standard the price is high.

I just recently found out about this mob Metabox, they aren't cheap but their systems are impressive and according to a colleague very modular.
    I'm tempted but also still thinking about building a machine from scratch assuming I can even source the parts at the moment.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)