Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Transformers Collector Club Ending Soon

Did anyone buy these sticker sheets, or the last three exclusive toys (Human Arcee, Human Rodimus, Gen2 comic 5-pack).

The Humans are still US$29 each, while the 5-pack is a whopping US$129.
    The sticker sheets are US$7.25 each, but they are released with an artwork sticker - one of four though, recommending that you should buy all four sets... but then you would be stuck with three spare sticker sheets (or half sticker sheets, as you could at least use up the duplicate allegiance stickers).

Transformers Collectors’ Club EXCLUSIVE decal sheets packed with a Beast Wars: Uprising 2x3 trading card sticker. The decal sheets are a great way to enhance your Collector Club toys with decals specifically designed for TFSS 4.0 Spinister and Bluestreak, TFSS 5.0 Double Pretenders Optimus Prime and Megatron and BotCon 2016 Megatron. Plenty of faction symbols as well to create your own Shattered Glass or Wreckers characters. Be sure to collect all 4 stickers, with art by Josh Burcham, Robby Musso, Matt Frank and Guido Guidi.
    2016 G.I. JOE CLUB/Transformers Club Crossover Only Human ARCEE Figure (1 pc).
    Using the familiar artificial cellular goop, Old Snake and Victor Drath have trapped four of the Autobots' highest-ranking fighters' brainwaves inside Synthoid bodies. Before the synthetic plasma can be discarded, however, the Autobots' consciousnesses take over the bodies and the quartet manage to escape. Rodimus Prime, Arcee, and their other Autobot friends must find out what the ruthless masterminds' plans are and regain control of their robotic bodies before disaster descends on Autobot City and the E.D.C. (Earth Defense Command) - All while dealing with what it means to be "Only Human".
    Arcee figure includes two hand-held laser pistols, Autobot sky spy unit, and display stand. Arcee also features a BRAND NEW head sculpt to match the animation model from the Transformers season 3 episode.
    2016 G.I. JOE CLUB/Transformers Club Crossover Only Human RODIMUS PRIME Figure (1 pc).
    Using the familiar artificial cellular goop, Old Snake and Victor Drath have trapped four of the Autobots' highest-ranking fighters' brainwaves inside Synthoid bodies. Before the synthetic plasma can be discarded, however, the Autobots' consciousnesses take over the bodies and the quartet manage to escape. Rodimus Prime, Arcee, and their other Autobot friends must find out what the ruthless masterminds' plans are and regain control of their robotic bodies before disaster descends on Autobot City and the E.D.C. (Earth Defense Command) - All while dealing with what it means to be "Only Human".
    Rodimus Prime figure includes two photon lasers, pole, string, fish, and display stand. Figure comes packaged on a vintage style blister card.
    2016 G.I. Joe Club/Transformers Club Crossover Exclusive 5 pack(Scarlett Ninja Force, Dr. Sidney Biggles-Jones, Cobra Commander, Megatron, Ratbat) 1 set.
    Straight from the dark and overshadowed pages of the 90s comes the latest G.I. Joe vs The Transformers crossover set! The ever power-hungry Cobra Commander has just made a deal with the vile and craven leader of the Decepticons, Megatron, so that the two groups can exchange weapons technology and expand their territories. Caught in the middle of the arrangement, Dr. Biggles-Jones is forced to supply Megatron with an advanced rail cannon while undercover agent Scarlett attempts to collect enough information to make a report back to G.I Joe. Unbeknownst to all parties, however, the deal has been spied by other watchful eyes as well - the Decepticon Ratbat and the Autobots Blackcat and Toaster have been diligent in their information gathering and are ready to make their own moves...
    The G.I. Joe vs. The Transformers 5-pack Crossover set includes Cobra Commander, "Holographic Blueprint" Megatron, Ratbat, Ninja Force Scarlett, and the much anticipated Dr. Biggles-Jones in her first ever action figure! Also included are the Megatron pistol, Blackcat, and Toaster accessories.
    And if you did order any of these toy & sticker items, how much did it cost in postage to get them to Australia?

I bought Arcee, and the GI Joe 5-pack, but sent it through a reshipper. They had the hide to charge $25 just to ship from the club to a US address too!
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

The stickers and the Arcee are part of a much larger shipment that I ordered for myself and others, recieved it yesterday. couldn't tell you how much shipping would be alone but you can get a quote when you put stuff in your shipping cart now. it will not be a bargain.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

I just looked it up, for four sticker shets, arcee, rodimus and the larger pack with Ratbat you're looking at US$73.65

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    I just looked it up, for four sticker shets, arcee, rodimus and the larger pack with Ratbat you're looking at US$73.65
    Ouch!
    WANTED BOTS: G1: Horri-bull, Snarler, Mainframe, Chop Shop, Ransack CHUG: Spin Out, Cordon, Brotropolis Rescue MASTERPIECE: Acid Storm
    ENERGON: Six Shot

I note from a recent email I got that they are now closing their G.I Joe operation as well. So sounds like Funpub is getting out of the 80's genre club business altogether, unless they have licence for another brand that I am unaware of.

Oh, and they are having a 20% off everything sale for anyone who is a Joe fan.

Yep, they started sending out emails a few weeks ago, as they had a 2 year extension on their GIJoe club/con side of things, which means they are now selling off everything, including the equipment behind the running of their conventions... which is kinda sad, as it definitely means they won't be back to do more Hasbro conventions, now that Hasbro look to have given up on theirs (after just one, and they killed off the licensed events to make it possible).
    The link to their GIJoe store page - do searches for Botcon or Transformers.

Final days... FunPublications close down their online store at the end of this week. There's not a lot left, and most of it is display signage, but maybe have a look in case there is something you want, at their final prices. (I couldn't access the product pages, but could still cart items from the main listing)

Was thinking about shipping a 2009 box to my mate and picking it up. but even then postage was going to be $24 US, and for something I'm going to cut the lid of to make a solid poster out of, I can't justify US$30 for it all up.

I guess that's the end. the club had a lot of issues but they certainly produced a good fun convention that is yet to be replaced officially by anything, I feel like it's a fairly big hole in the fandom.