Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456789 ... LastLast

Thread: MP38 Supreme Commander Convoy (Optimus Primal).

Quote Originally Posted by DaptoDog View Post
    These pre orders are bogus. I'm not pre ordering something with only a silhouette on principle alone. Thankfully the Japanese retailers wait a week or two before putting up their listings - I'll wait for that.
    For sure.
    I'd hate to throw money at something that isn't due for another 5-10 months depending on where you shop, only to find out it isn't my cup of tea when actual images are released.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    For sure.
    I'd hate to throw money at something that isn't due for another 5-10 months depending on where you shop, only to find out it isn't my cup of tea when actual images are released.
    I think it is going to come down to how you collect. Masterpiece for me are like pokemon, got catch em all!

I am just banking on the fact that it has its own number and not simply a letter or + after 32 to mean that it is at least a substantial redeco.

Quote Originally Posted by Raider View Post
    I think it is going to come down to how you collect. Masterpiece for me are like pokemon, got catch em all!

I am just banking on the fact that it has its own number and not simply a letter or + after 32 to mean that it is at least a substantial redeco.
    Yeah but they are giving repaints their own number these days that would once have been a letter. How the MP-11 Seekers are letters and yet Road Rage and Diaclone Magnus are new numbers just erks me. I would have made both Road Rage and Diaclone Magnus letters and limited releases. They are hurting the MP line with some of these repaints.

Quote Originally Posted by llamatron View Post
    Don't blame takara, blame the first retailer that jumped the gun and started taking orders before official solicitations, thereby forcing all other retailers to scramble and open orders up so they don't lose any sales.
    Some blame should be placed on TT because at least have some low-res grainy "do not copy" pics on hand so that the suppliers know what they're hocking.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post
    Got one on 2:20pm.
    Damn! Was it up that early? Mind you, we're probably the only two that preordered! At least we can sleep early tonight!

Quote Originally Posted by MEEEGGGAAATTTRRROOONNN!!! View Post
    Some blame should be placed on TT because at least have some low-res grainy "do not copy" pics on hand so that the suppliers know what they're hocking.
    If a retailer decides to break embargo (or even before they have been given details) and put a preorder up it's not Takara's fault.

The only thing you could possibly blame Takara for is if it was a situation like the new Intel 7700k. A bunch of publications and some retailers decided to break embargo and publish reviews and take preorders months ahead of the January 3rd date. The important thing is Intel did nothing to take down the reviews, cancel preorders, threaten legal action or anything like that despite it getting Intel bad press because the reviews were based on pre-alpha firmware that ran the CPU incredibly hot. That hurt every publisher and retailer that played by the rules and respected the embargo.

Maybe it's a G1 Optimus Prime-themed redeco of MP Beast Convoy...

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    If a retailer decides to break embargo (or even before they have been given details) and put a preorder up it's not Takara's fault.
    Are the non-Japanese stores subject to the same solicitation dates as the Japanese ones?

I always thought stuff from the Hasbro Asia side of things had different dates.

Quote Originally Posted by llamatron View Post
    Don't blame takara, blame the first retailer that jumped the gun and started taking orders before official solicitations, thereby forcing all other retailers to scramble and open orders up so they don't lose any sales.

And it's not as if these retailers are putting guns against the heads of consumers and forcing them to jump on the pre-order bandwagon. At the end of the day we all vote with our wallets. If this turns out to be a meaningless redeco, then don't buy it. But as long as fans keep on buying it, then HasTak will keep making it.

Having said that, we still have no idea what kind of redeco this could be. It might be something meaningful like Burning Convoy (most obvious choice), or maybe something else like a toy-accurate deco or something. But these days HasTak are more likely to make meaningful redecos instead of meaningless ones. Remember when fans were fed up with this from Takara...

Or when Hasbro were doing this...

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Yeah but they are giving repaints their own number these days that would once have been a letter. How the MP-11 Seekers are letters and yet Road Rage and Diaclone Magnus are new numbers just erks me. I would have made both Road Rage and Diaclone Magnus letters and limited releases. They are hurting the MP line with some of these repaints.
    I highly doubt that having different numbering would've notably improved sales for Road Rage and Delta Magnus, but rather simply a lack of sufficient interest in these characters. I do agree that they should've been limited exclusive releases though.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I highly doubt that having different numbering would've notably improved sales for Road Rage and Delta Magnus, but rather simply a lack of sufficient interest in these characters. I do agree that they should've been limited exclusive releases though.
    I wasn't implying the numbering was an issue in and of itself, I was implying that the fact they made it a full on numbered mass retail release was the issue. They really should have been limited release.

Quote Originally Posted by Ode to a Grasshopper View Post
    Maybe it's a G1 Optimus Prime-themed redeco of MP Beast Convoy...
    That thought crossed my mind too, given he is Supreme commander Convoy, maybe his a great red ape in space.