Thread: Kmart Clearance - CW Bruticus $49

Default Kmart Clearance - CW Bruticus $49

Found this clearance ticket in Kmart - CW Bruticus $49.

Grain of salt here guys, as I the Kmart I was at did not actually have stock of it for me to confirm the sighting. Googled "B3899" and found an Amazon listing with G2 Bruticus.

[IMG][/IMG]

Pretty sweet price even for a non-CW collector like me

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!

Yea he has been in clearance for $49 for a while. Probably hard pressed to find one now though

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    Yea he has been in clearance for $49 for a while. Probably hard pressed to find one now though
    I had a look in both Warrnambool and Bendigo Kmarts and couldn't find one. Had a look at Kmart online and nothing there either

At least I found a couple of cool G1 tshirts for Orions next birthday

It was reported in the clearance sightings topic at the end of December, but never made its way into the news section. By the time I had time to think about doing it a week later, the toys were pretty much all gone already... so I didn't bother about making it a news item, as it would have been too much of a tease.

Sounds like some of the shelf tags are still around, but I think the toys themselves were snapped up really fast.
    It was already super cheap at its regular price of $99, and then to be discounted to $49 just 5-6 weeks after its release... it was really bizarre.
    Hopefully that doesn't give the brand a bad profit-potential to the bean-counters at Kmart, if it looks on paper, like it is a failed product that lost them a lot of money.

Ah, sorry about the false sighting guys. There was a large empty shelf above the ticket so I thought they must have just sold out.

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!

I would speculate they got in cheap stock from Hasbro for Xmas and then always deliberately intended to clearance it out asap afterwards given the large box size.

These were all pretty much gone by boxing day.

I snagged what according to K Mart's computer system was the last one in the state on 27 December.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

Bah! I lay-by'd the only one I found locally a couple of weeks prior to Christmas when it was $99 and now this! Wonder if I could just cancel it and snap it up for the $49 instead

You can. At least, if you were at my store I'd let you anyway. Some stores are douches. Typically you would pay out the layby first, then refund it and repurchase at the cheaper price.