Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Star Wars Episode VIII: The Last Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Meister View Post

Hopefully we won't have to wait too long for a teaser now
    Super bowl?

I think it will be at Celebration Orlando in April...

Teaser has been released

https://youtu.be/zB4I68XVPzQ
    My wife asked me why I carry a gun?, I said "Decepticons"... She laughed, I laughed, the toaster laughed, I shot the toaster. It was a good day.

Trailer has just been released

https://youtu.be/Q0CbN8sfihY
    My wife asked me why I carry a gun?, I said "Decepticons"... She laughed, I laughed, the toaster laughed, I shot the toaster. It was a good day.

watched it 3 times on my break at work today. HOLY CRAP

I think the trailer is throwing some swerves up with some smart cuts that imply something is happening when it may not be.
    To use a wrestling term there may be a double turn coming, Rey to heel and Ren to face. I hope we get some serious character development with Rey.

Also just to follow up on the earlier posts IRT the title, the opening crawl of Ep 7 actually says that Luke is the last Jedi.
    I still function.....................while killing threads. ;-)

Oh for sure there could be a few red herrings and misdirection and making you assume things but i guess if the objective is to make people talk about it and get interested in the movie then i reckon mission accomplished.

I will start 😂
    Is Snoke talking to Rey or Kylo in the voice over at the beginning???

Now that Carrie Fisher is dead, I don't know if we will end up ever seeing her using any Force powers. Like, if Luke was killed off in this one, it would make for a great tragic climactic moment to have mum (the last of the old generation of Jedi) fight and defeat her son, just to save the galaxy from another "Vader".

I always wanted to see her use the Force, or a lightsaber duel... because even though it was implied that she was also strong with the Force, she only really ever displayed a very minimal Force sensitivity (sensing where Luke was under Bespin).
    That blind guy in Rogue One, who was said to "only" be force sensitive, but not a Jedi, showed stronger connection to the Force than Leia did.

Maybe that line by Yoda in ESB that "no, there is another", is being retconned to refer to someone other than Leia, because it was never verified or backed up that he was referring to Leia... Obi Wan and Luke just ran with the assumption that he was talking about Leia.
    Since the Star Wars Rebels cartoon looks to be considered officially part of the movie universe (not all Star Wars cartoons have been), could Yoda's line in ESB now be made to refer to Ezra or Kanan (if either of them survive this final season)... and then have them pop up in Ep 8 or 9 "in the flesh". (I think if that happened, there would be a bigger outcry by old timer fans and trolls, than there was against Jar Jar... as the cartoon would be dismissed as being of a lower, younger standard - which is hard for us transfans to probably understand, as we only ever had cartoons, so if there was ever a cartoon series set in the Movie universe, it probably wouldn't bother too many fans.)

The Rebels cartoon has been really fun to watch, as it is set just before Episode 4 (and there are easter eggs of their ship showing up in some scenes of the Rogue One movie)... but just like Rogue One, you know that it can't end well, or else, where were they during Ep 4 to 6 when the Rebellion could have used an extra Jedi or two (obviously they weren't created at that time... but it will be hard to say that they were around all that time).

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Now that Carrie Fisher is dead, I don't know if we will end up ever seeing her using any Force powers. Like, if Luke was killed off in this one, it would make for a great tragic climactic moment to have mum (the last of the old generation of Jedi) fight and defeat her son, just to save the galaxy from another "Vader".

I always wanted to see her use the Force, or a lightsaber duel... because even though it was implied that she was also strong with the Force, she only really ever displayed a very minimal Force sensitivity (sensing where Luke was under Bespin).
    That blind guy in Rogue One, who was said to "only" be force sensitive, but not a Jedi, showed stronger connection to the Force than Leia did.

Maybe that line by Yoda in ESB that "no, there is another", is being retconned to refer to someone other than Leia, because it was never verified or backed up that he was referring to Leia... Obi Wan and Luke just ran with the assumption that he was talking about Leia.
    Since the Star Wars Rebels cartoon looks to be considered officially part of the movie universe (not all Star Wars cartoons have been), could Yoda's line in ESB now be made to refer to Ezra or Kanan (if either of them survive this final season)... and then have them pop up in Ep 8 or 9 "in the flesh". (I think if that happened, there would be a bigger outcry by old timer fans and trolls, than there was against Jar Jar... as the cartoon would be dismissed as being of a lower, younger standard - which is hard for us transfans to probably understand, as we only ever had cartoons, so if there was ever a cartoon series set in the Movie universe, it probably wouldn't bother too many fans.)

The Rebels cartoon has been really fun to watch, as it is set just before Episode 4 (and there are easter eggs of their ship showing up in some scenes of the Rogue One movie)... but just like Rogue One, you know that it can't end well, or else, where were they during Ep 4 to 6 when the Rebellion could have used an extra Jedi or two (obviously they weren't created at that time... but it will be hard to say that they were around all that time).
    As I understand it, the recent From a Certain Point of View anthology novel has it such that Yoda felt that Leia had a stronger connection to the Force than Luke and wanted to train her instead of him.

Everything Star Wars related is now managed by a story group and the official line is that everything in the books is to be considered canon (bold, I know) so I feel like they may be winding up for some Leia Force action in TLJ.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

Anyone else doing a midnight screening for this? Or am I alone in my sadness and desperation there?
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.