Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: MP-07 is Grimlock!?

Takara gave him carte blanche - plus agreed that no additional changes would be made after he had finished. In an interview Kawamori stated that he wanted to take the realism of the F-15 even further but when he reviewed it realised that the design no longer looked enough like Starscream so he reworked it again. The arms were also changed because of the inclusion of the conformal tanks, they have that kinda weird Popeye look to them. Origionally the nulla-rays were attached to the arms by a swing-bar that expanded to position them under the wings in alt mode.

The Animation color version of SS looks like SS. It's the weird green color scheme that throws people off. Inside the instruction booklet Kawamori stated that he chose that color because it is more realistic - but there are NO green F-15s, not even Japanese naval F-15 are green. Apparently the green tone was chosen to blend the colors of the blue arms into the main body.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zed View Post
    I think a lot of artists when they get older get stuck in there ways, and tend not to try anything as revolutionary as they did in thier youth. so all Kawamoris new Valkyries seem quite similar, also working in 3D has forced him to abandon the cartoony changes in proportion common in his older valkyrie designs. (the VF1's wings and nose cone, and the YF 19's legs are a good example of significant changes in proportion)
    Actually he still does most of his preliminary designs in Lego. His lego model of the VF-1 is how he convinced Takatoku that the transformation of the Valkyrie was possible/achieveable. He also uses graph paper to create proportions and measure volumes along with his own illustration abilities. It's his design team that creates the CAD and 3D prototypes for visualisation.

what about the paint applications, will there be the chrome /gold parts....dont know if it would fit the MP style, but is necessary for G1 throwback?

I would also like to see a stand like starscream, He does fly in the TF: movie as i recall....lol. But seriously, stands/bases rock!

Optimus and Megatron had chrome parts. And TAKARA seems to like adding chrome to their Transformers (Classics).

I am sure that if MP Grimlock is to happen, Takara would add gold and silver chrome where it is appropriate. One of the great things about Takara is that they don't usualy cheap out like Hasbro does.

News have been very silent since the rumor was announced but it could have been suplanted by the Classics 2.0 Sunstreaker picture craze. I hope we hear something soon.
    ________
    MILF PUNISHMENT
    Last edited by kup; 22nd March 2011 at 02:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tober
    The VF-25 looks like .Valkyrie Remix'
    Yeah it's meant to. Don't forget that Macross Frontier is Kawamori/Big West's big celebration of Macross' 25th Anniversary. You watch the show and there are so many "echoes" between it an the original Macross, such as...

MACROSS FRONTIER SPOILERS AHEAD!

+ The main protagonist also starts off as a civilian stunt pilot - although this time he flies power armour instead of a plane. Judging from the fact that we've seen pics of a VF-25 with his name attached, we can assume that he'll become conscripted or enlisted into the UN Spacy as a Valkyrie pilot.

+ The elite Valkyrie squad is still the Skull Squadron with the same black and yellow stripes!

+ the capital ships have captains wearing a typical naval uniform much like Captain Global's and they're all manned (or womanned) by female "bridge bunnies."

+ Lynn Minmei is divided into two characters - there's the schoolgirl who works part time at a Chinese restaurant and then there's Sheryl, the pop idol - who like Minmei also has some questionable morals (although arguably more remorseless - but I wouldn't say she's evil like Sharon Apple - just very self-centred, which again is like Minmei)

+ A lot of the capital ships look like they were made from a hybrid of human and Zentraedi technology.

+ The ending theme is a really nice new version of the "Do You Remember Love?" song. I love it!
    "Do You Remember Love?" from original Macross (Iijima Mari)
    "Do You Remember Love?" from Macross Frontier (performed by Kannou Youko, who also did music for Macross Plus)
    Last edited by GoktimusPrime; 25th January 2008 at 01:58 PM.

I'm trying to have a look as we type. The intro and shorts I've seen were a bit of a turn of as they remind me a bit of Macross 7 (eeep!)

Also if it's set only 10 or so years after Macross 7, shouldn't the VF 19 excalibur be the standard combat fighter in circulation still?

Anyways I'll tell you what I think, after I've seen it. Hoping for the best.

It's a nice looking Valk, I was hoping for something a bit more futuristic tho I guess.

I only ever got about halfway through the first ep of Mac 7 before giving up on it. I might give it another chance later, after all I didn't like Beast Wars the first time I saw it.

the frontier valk does look sweet...

sorry to sidetrack... when did this anime aired?

'Macross F' or 'Fronteer' - It's a new series that started a few weeks ago.