View Poll Results: Unite Warriors Megatronia - worth getting?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5 FemmeCons that turn into one huge Femmecon? Hells yeah!

4 50.00%
  • Only if cheap

0 0%
  • Only if...

0 0%
  • Na

3 37.50%
  • Hope Victorion puts the smack down on her!

1 12.50%

Thread: Toy Review - UW Megatronia

Default Toy Review - UW Megatronia

MEGATRONIA
    Series – Unite Warriors
    Size/class - Deluxe & Voyager
    New/remould/redeco - Redeco of CW Victorion
    Released here – No
    Approximate Retail Price - $200!
    Approximate Size - varies
    Allegiance - Decepticon
    Alt-mode – 5 Femmebot Decepticons
    Main Features/Gimmicks – Combines
    Main Colours – lots!
    Main Accessories – Megaempress, Flowspade, Moonheart, Lunaclub, Trickdiamond, Destopia Sword

Individual Bots mode

Trickdiamond has a cool head with scars and such but a fairly blocky body for a Femmebot. Flowspade suffers from the same and she also looks too much like she is trying to be a butch Nightbird. The twin sisters Lunaclub and Moonheart are both quite lithe which suits them well though Moonhearts chest peg is too highlighted by her colour scheme. Megaempress has (like all the others) a great paintjob and I was highly impressed with her face - one of the best heads I've seen on a female TF - pretty jet psychotic, just as a female version of Megs should be.

Individual Vehicle Modes

All have very nice paint jobs, Megaempress in particular looking fantastic. However by far my favorite is Flowspade - I think it's the best use of the mold to date! I found there to be too much black on Trickdiamond making her look a bit plain. Moonheart looks quite good and I really like the paintjob on Lunaclub - not sure I've ever seen that exact shade of pink on a TF toy before.

Combined Mode

Megatronia (no points for an original name there) has clashing colours on all the limbs and torso yet pulls it off nicely due to there being so much black in each individal femmebots paintwork. I wasn't a fan of Victorions head and don't like this one much better, though the goggles are kinda cool. What I will say is her Destopia sword looks fantastic! Best looking TF weapon in my collection by far! Megatronia doesn't have a 6th character which means less value for money but makes her chest look a bit different from Victorion and Defensor.

Worth Getting?
    Its a pretty damn hefty price tag. But then it's only the second female combiner we have had, all the characters have cool powers (even if they did rip them off from Captain Planet and the Planeteers) and back stories and the paintjobs are top notch. I also found all the joints on all figures nicely tight and it feels like a good quality toy - no cheapy-plastic. If you have the money to spare, I happily recommend getting this big angry gal!

For a more in-depth review of each individal character and lots of pics, please see my blog review of Unite Warriors Megatronia HERE

After following the link to the in-depth review, I caved. I bought her.
    Can't wait for it to arrive
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!