Page 22 of 33 FirstFirst ... 212171819202122232425262732 ... LastLast

Thread: The Cricket Thread

A little to the left... a little bit more...

Very sad news all round today

I was dreading the day Hussey announces his retirement but i guess at 37 it was going to be soon. He is currently my favorite player and will be sorely missed.

R.I.P. Tony Greig

Well done Wade Bit surprised the tailenders lasted long enough to help Wade get his century.

Not surprised Clarke called them in after Wade's century. I know there was 20 minutes to lunch but wade could've scored another 20+ and had the Sri Lankans in the heat for a little while longer.

It's bad enough Clarke ran Hussey out for no reason but if these are the decisions he is going to make when he doesn't have Hussey and Ponting to fall back on, Australia are going to struggle every match.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Last time Australia's bacon saved by the great Hussey.

I hope everyone enjoys he last test victory we will have for years, the rest of the team showed today we will struggle in India to bat a day and our bowlers cannot bowl out sides cheaply in favourable conditions.

You will be missed Michael Hussey.

Respect to Mike Huessy, you will be missed. Sigh, it's going to be a tough road ahead for australia, they better team build as much as possible.

Good batting from the Australians in the first ODI against Sri Lanka, well done to Phillip Hughes, George Bailey and David Hussey.

Hard to get into the odi series. No one to cheer for with no mr cricket or Warner. Most of the team I am indifferent or uncaring towards. I wanted to see Khawaja bat but he ran himself out. Running between wickets is something you don't want to do when Hughes is out there, strange amount of run outs involving him.

Jayawardene loves the 50 over game. I hope he guides Sri Lanka to a series win both against Bailey (who finally did something in the aus team) and Clarke. I wonder who Clarke will be leaning on through this series? David Hussey? Warner?

Perhaps put both on the team, as we need as much batsmen with experience as possible that can score consistent runs. I also wonder if Haddin could make it back in as keeper as he can judge a dive or catch better than Wade who let many go pass him because he judged incorrectly.

For 2013 test squad i would like to see:

1. Watson (only ever batted good when opening, never when down the order)
    2. Warner
    3. Hughes
    4. Clarke
    5. D. Hussey (Part time spin aswell)
    6. Wade/Haddin (Wade probably is more in form for batting, but Haddin has more experience with wicketkeeping)
    7. Johnson (He is generally a good all rounder, maybe more so with the bat than ball nowadays)
    8. Siddle
    9. Starc
    10. Lyon
    11. Bird

Back up batters and bowlers
    Khawaja
    Cowan
    Doherty
    Pattinson

So Australia doing their best to replicate Sunday's game. In saying that, the Sri Lankan attack has been spectacular, Kulasekara and Malinga are dominating us. Some beautiful deliveries and brilliant catches too.

How Henriques, Hughes and Bailey are in our top 11, even considering injuries is beyond me. Michael Hussey should be happy to not be part of this farce, he can continue to smash it in the Big Bash Final on Saturday.

Resting Clark and Warner has backfired big time, they lost the limited form they had, and Wade is a good ODI batter, but needs more than support from some smashing bowlers.

I think the 2 new ball in ODI is brilliant, finally something to give the bowlers a little tiny chance in this batsmans game.