Page 28 of 33 FirstFirst ... 81823242526272829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: The Cricket Thread

Well now Watson with a 100 is a surprise. And still batting, thank god for the débutantes.

Well now I'm definitely surprised that australia has gotten up to 307/4, with watson 176 before he got out. Smith still batting on 66 with siddle on 18. It must be that now the series is over and the ashes retained by england, australia can just treat this as any old regular game and enjoy it for fun.

Brilliant batting by steve smith and his maiden century in test cricket and support by the lower order batsman to carry us to 492. Too bad we weren't able to get an early wicket. I only hope there is enough time to take 20 english wickets.

Looks like all Australia need to be competitive is to have England lose a top line bowler. Their bowlers are brilliant when healthy, but they lack depth, perhaps due to the top 4 being so fit and reliable?

Still think Clarke was trying hos best to get out in the first innings, his batting was pathetic on what has been shown to be a slow flat deck, wickets have been chop ons or slogs mostly.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Well, 5th game ended up with in a draw, but it could of easily been a lost. I hope australia use this time and reflect on what they did wrong throughout the ashes campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazza View Post
    Well, 5th game ended up with in a draw, but it could of easily been a lost. I hope australia use this time and reflect on what they did wrong throughout the ashes campaign.
    Everything?

Watson at 3 looks good, but he cannot bat there and bowl more than an few overs per innings.

Our bowlers kept us in the game, we played crap and stayed in the matches, England didn't have to respond with the quality they have to our meagre batting scores. Ashes will either be a dogfight on competitive pitches that will assist all the quicks or England will spark up and demolish us. That's if they have learnt from previous tours that going slow equates to losing in Australia.

Then again, one or two injuries (especially to their bowlers) and they fall back to the pack very quickly. They have limited depth and South Africa does a better job of retaining their young stars now.

I personally feel that need to stop shuffling players around. Pick your players and just help them hone their skills. Definitely batting is where we need to focus on.

If we lose this (and perhaps even with a washout) I think the ashes are over. Adelaide, Melbourne and Sydney will be better for Swann than Lyon (who I think is better than the media portrays him).

If we lose this series badly, it is time for a cleanout. If Bailey has been brought in more to give some leadership since Clarke has proven time and again that he is not up to the job, its time for all of the batters to go bar Smith. Start again.

I think the actual series will be like the last series in England, the bowlers will bowl their hearts out, then have to score more than the top order did to keep us competitive. Harris is our main weapon, Siddle the workhorse and Johnson will make or break. Lyon should bowl every game, Faulkner first sub, whether Watson or Johnson go down first.

I also like Stephen O'Keefe as a second spinner in Sydney, he is more shrewd and economical than any other spinner in the long form of the game. Have he and Siddle tie them down, then Harris or Faulkner to go in for the kill.

Luckily that wasn't the case, once we started bowling in the first innings, Australia was in full control right up to cleaning England out in their 2nd innings. Thank god Mitchell Johnson brought his A-Game.

Doin alright so far.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain