Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: TF6 Bumblebee stand-alone film (2018) production news

The annual CinemaCon is on in Las Vegas at the moment, and the Bumblebee Movie will be getting its first unveiling to the attendees, with a promo poster and website (not yet active), and a bit of footage from the Movie at a presentation panel.

The website - www.BumbleBeeTheMovie.com

Some of the descriptions from the people who saw the footage shown at the panel...

An alarm goes off at 8:00 AM. Charlie shuts it off, unhappily waking up. Her room is covered in posters. She rocks out with headphones on while brushing her teeth. In the garage, her car is playing the same song. When she enters, it stops.
    A piece of the car hits the floor. She look beneath it. Getting on a board with wheels, she slides under the car. Ultimately, she finds Bee’s face, which lights up in the eyes and stands up above her. She’s shocked. This thing fits in the garage! They have a standoff. Bee stumbles around. She reaches for the door handle but sees he is just stumbling around and scared as he huddles himself into the corner.
    She approaches and says, “Hi.” Bee chirps back. He’s still scared and avoiding her in the corner. “Do you speak?: she asks. Bee nods to indicate he does not. He stands up, holding his neck, after seeing the wrench in her hand. He analyzes her hands and comes closer, allowing them to touch his face. He can understand her. “What are you?” she asks. “Where did you come from?” He shies away from answering. He points to her shirt. He is asking who she is. “I’m Charlie,” she tells him. “Charlie Watson, I’m 18 today. Actually, it’s my birthday today. What’s your name?” He shies away, with his ears going down. She rules, “You sound like a little bumblebee.” That’s what she’s going to call him from now on. “Matches your outfit, too,” she says.
    Later, clips of Bee running from a helicopter, trucks exploding, Bee playing on the beach, driving Charlie around, and other Transformers cut into the frame. A red and white winged Transformer is fighting him. He uses his arm cannon. He fights fighter jets. Charlie does her best to help him. He lands in a desert.

Let me repeat. I’m 90% sure the villain in Bumblebee is Starscream with all the red and blue markings from his original ‘80s design.

An excerpt from an article at Collider, from the director of the new Bumblebee movie, talking about some of the themes and settings...

“So, what I was kind of trying to do with this film because it’s set in the 80s, was harken back to the great, original, G1 vibe and feeling and tone. So, there are definitely Easter eggs for fans who are down with that sort of thing. There’s a lot of continuity between this and the film’s that Michael has done. But the film does stand on its own.”

It's official, Steve Jablonsky (the composer for the first five Transformers movies) won't be doing the Bumblebee Movie.
    The new composer will be Dario Marianelli, and some audio samples of his past works can be heard at that link.

Apparently Sophie Monk may play Octopunch in the new flick

Fake news just for a laugh

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    It's official, Steve Jablonsky (the composer for the first five Transformers movies) won't be doing the Bumblebee Movie.
    The new composer will be Dario Marianelli, and some audio samples of his past works can be heard at that link.
    I watched Kubo and the two strings last night to get a feel for the directors work. I liked it, a very good well thought out film. A little predictable but that's not necessarily a problem overall. I thought the score was excellent so I look forward to the score on this new film.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Trailer is out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAIX12F6958

I'm excited

Some reshoots have taken place for the Bumblebee movie, which isn't unusual, and it was probably fortunate for the production team that the movie release was pushed back 6 months to allow them to fine-tune the completed film during this long post-production period. (Michael Bay was notorious for completing his Transformers movies just days before its release, often running out of time to do reshoots or special effects editing)

And the voice actor for Barricade (Jess Harnell), has confirmed his involvement in the Bumblebee movie as Barricade, which backs up leaked toy listings that included Barricade toys for this movie.

A small featurette on the director Travis Knight on youtube, talking about his work on the Bumblebee Movie, and some behind the scenes shots.

And a cardboard standee of the new Bumblebee has been found at the CineEurope event in Spain this week.

A small featurette on the director Travis Knight on youtube, talking about his work on the Bumblebee Movie, and some behind the scenes shots.

And a cardboard standee of the new Bumblebee has been found at the CineEurope event in Spain this week.
    I know its just a snippet but I’m liking the fact that the Director wants to bring the focus back to a “boy/girl and their car”, which is what I enjoyed about the first Bayformers. Already the movie seems less bloated than the subsequent Bayformers.

Also cool to hear Cena grew up as a fan of Transformers.

I took a look at this this morning. Sharp, edgy, loud and flashy isn't always better. It looks like travis knight is also aware of that.
    I like that the preview show the movie to be more character driven. The character designs don't scream "look I'm a visual effect." Rather they compliment the character.