Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Bruticus back for 25th line, with all Gen1 names this time.

MV75 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    The Blast in Blast Off is enough for most of us to accept that as a name for a tank. Blast Off's G1 weapon was a powerful X-ray laser that could hit a target 12,000 miles away. Sure sounds like something that belongs on a tank to me.

And besides, Blast Off is a Cybertronian. Your inferior earthling dictionary means nothing to one as aloof as him.
    Really? 12000 mile range sounds like more fitting to a space shuttle to me.

A tank being able to shoot half way around the world with no way of targetting (unless he hacked into earths sattelite systems), sounds pretty silly.
    Code:
    O o 
      _
     / --------------------------------
    |      IMMA FIRIN MA LAZAR!!!
     \_--------------------------------

Only because of our inferior technology.

Pulse is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

Maybe were supposed to temporarily suspend reality when it comes to all things TFs?

I dunno, future warfare could always involve space shuttles so maybe Hasbro was just ahead of the rest of the pack.
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

Yes but there's a certain limit to what people can suspend in terms of disbelief and those limitations will vary according to individual.

I'd say that Beast Machines failed because too many TF consumers drew the line when they introduced technorganics; so that was arguably a bad move. Also Michael Bay intentionally avoided using any mass-shifting in the live action movie as most people (in a general movie-going audience) would draw the line at that, and I think he made the right choice in doing so.

Anyway we all have different opinions which dictate where we draw our individual lines, and while we may not always agree with each other's opinions we are all equally entitled to them
    Last edited by GoktimusPrime; 20th October 2008 at 03:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MV75 View Post
    Really? 12000 mile range sounds like more fitting to a space shuttle to me.

A tank being able to shoot half way around the world with no way of targetting (unless he hacked into earths sattelite systems), sounds pretty silly.
    Well, perhaps in his new tank mode it's a little reduced in range, but it's still a BFG that belongs more on a tank than a helicopter

Swindle needs a helicopter mode to take his customers "for a ride"

Lovin' that picture, jaydisc.

Oh, and you're 100% correct. Even as a kid I always thought that a combat space shuttle is ridiculous. Should have been a bomber (he was never going to be a fighter, not with the Aerialbots on the next peg).

I see kup's point about keeping him in the air as a G1 tribute, however. I guess it depends which was you look at things.

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

http://www.seibertron.com/transforme...l-image/14318/

Pretty awful. The original Energon/Superlink versions are much prettier which makes me sad b/c I'll buy the mold anyway.

(oh, and I love Seibertron's new line: "Seibertron.com does not condone or encourage the purchase of stolen or pre-release toys"! Yay for one of the major websites)
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

jesus thats ugly, still i dont have this mould, so if its the right price....