Haven't noticed an existing thread for this series. Mods please merge if such a thread exists.

Picked up #5 yesterday and I was shocked to see that the Barber's command of English (or lack thereof) has, unbelievably, gotten worse. I am utterly convinced that English cannot be his first language and even for a second language English speaker, the level of literacy in this issue is just bad. Barber continues to demonstrate his lack of understanding in using the subjunctive mood or conditional clauses - that's nothing new (but always disappointing). What did take me by surprise though was the multiple omissions of prepositions. It's as if Barber has never heard of them! And this is such a simple part of English grammar. Trying to read text devoid of prepositions is just nauseating, as reading this very post may have been before you clicked dragged your mouse over the text!

Storywise I do like how Soundwave is carrying on by supporting Optimus Prime with Megatron's teachings. It's cool that he hasn't necessarily compromised the Decepticon dream in allying himself with the Autobots. It also lends greater credence as to why the Sharkticons would/should listen to Soundwave and betray the Junkions. But a lot of this otherwise incredible drama is just ruined by Barber's poor writing. Barber seriously needs to take some more English lessons, and Carlos Guzman needs to wake up and do a proper job editing Barber's work. As fans we often criticise Hasbro for cutting corners by omitting paint apps but charging us the same RRP for the toy. It feels as though IDW are trying to save a few drops of ink by omitting prepositions, but still having the audacity to charge us $7 a pop.