Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Name that Transformer

Quote Originally Posted by TAAUBlaster View Post
    I didn't realise that about #10. Did we see that release here too? I only ever knew it as a JP exclusive.
    I was living in Japan at the time so I can confirm that this toy was definitely a regular store release (although still hard to find). AFAIK we did get the regular coloured version here but in European packaging. The purple version pictured there is a Japanese exclusive, but not a store exclusive.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

ROUND 3 - you know the rules

FatalityPitt Guest

I wanted to do round 2, but I caught a glimpse of some of the answers as I was scrolling.. My bad. I'll have a crack at Round 3 (Bumblebee).

Top: WFC Bumblebee, Not sure, G1 Cartoon, G1 Goldbug boxart, G1 Marvel Comics.
    2nd row down: Action Master Bumblebee, Not sure, G2 Go Bots, Henkei, First Movie.
    3rd row down: ROTF, Animated, Binaltech, TF Prime, TF Prime Beast Hunters.
    Bottom: IDW Goldbug, DOTM, AoE, (RiD 2015), Last Knight.

Your score: 12.5/20 (63%)

Answers:
    1: War for Cybertron, 2: The War Within, 3: G1, 4: Goldbug, 5: Pretender
    6: Action Master, 7: G2, 8: Gobot, 9: Classics/Henkei, 10: Movie (1970s Camaro)
    11: Movie (2009 Camaro), 12: Animated, 13: Alternity, 14: Prime, 15: Beast Hunters
    16: IDW, 17: AoE (1960s Camaro), 18: AoE (new Camaro), 19: RiD, 20: The Last Knight

5: Couldn't accept this answer as almost every version of Bumblebee in G1 and G2 (except AM & Gobot) have appeared in the Marvel comics.
    10: Half a point awarded. The first movie has 2 versions of Bumblebee and this was an image of the old Camaro Bumblebee. #11 is the new one which was also seen in ROTF so I awarded you a full point for your answer for #11.
    13: Sorry, Alternity =/= Binaltech. Although I personally put 'em on the same shelves, but they are technically separate lines.
    16: In the IDW comics Goldbug is a completely different/separate character from Bumblebee. So unfortunately I couldn't award you the point for it.

===============================================

New round!

Last edited by GoktimusPrime; 8th April 2017 at 10:07 PM.

FatalityPitt Guest

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Your score: 12.5/20 (63%)

Answers:
    1: War for Cybertron, 2: The War Within, 3: G1, 4: Goldbug, 5: Pretender
    6: Action Master, 7: G2, 8: Gobot, 9: Classics/Henkei, 10: Movie (1970s Camaro)
    11: Movie (2009 Camaro), 12: Animated, 13: Alternity, 14: Prime, 15: Beast Hunters
    16: IDW, 17: AoE (1960s Camaro), 18: AoE (new Camaro), 19: RiD, 20: The Last Knight

5: Couldn't accept this answer as almost every version of Bumblebee in G1 and G2 (except AM & Gobot) have appeared in the Marvel comics.
    10: Half a point awarded. The first movie has 2 versions of Bumblebee and this was an image of the old Camaro Bumblebee. #11 is the new one which was also seen in ROTF so I awarded you a full point for your answer for #11.
    13: Sorry, Alternity =/= Binaltech. Although I personally put 'em on the same shelves, but they are technically separate lines.
    16: In the IDW comics Goldbug is a completely different/separate character from Bumblebee. So unfortunately I couldn't award you the point for it.
    Above 50%. I'll take it.

FatalityPitt Guest

My crack at round 4 (Starscream):

Top: Fall of Cybertron, War Within, Ladybird Storybooks, G1 Cartoon, G1 Marvel comics (Underbase-powered Starscream).
    2nd Row: No idea, G1 Pretender, G1 Action Master, G2 Marvel Comics, Don't know.
    3rd Row: Waspinator possessed by Starscream in Beast Wars (I think the episode was called "Ghost in the Machine"), Machine Wars, Beast Wars II, BW II (Hellscream), Armada, Energon, Cybertron, Masterpiece Starscream??, ROTF, Animated,
    Bottom: Alternity, Transformers Prime, IDW Starscream wearing his "Armada Costume", Cloud, RiD (2015).

These seem to follow a similar sequence, i.e. WFC/FOC is usually first, and RiD (2015) is usually last. Might be more a stronger test (and more challenging) if these were more randomly scattered. Just a thought.

20/25 (80%) -- maybe I should randomise 'em to make it harder.

Answers:
    1: WFC/FOC, 2: War Within, 3: G1, 4: Ghost (G1), 5: Underbase
    6: Zombie, 7: Pretender, 8: Action Master, 9: G2, 10: War World
    11: Ghost (BW), 12: MW, 13: BWII Starscream, 14: Hellscream, 15: Armada
    16: Energon, 17: Cybertron, 18: Classics, 19: Movie, 20: Animated
    21: Alternity, 22: Prime, 23: Generations/IDW Armada, 24: Cloud, 25: RiD

FatalityPitt Guest

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    20/25 (80%) -- maybe I should randomise 'em to make it harder.
    Up to you mate. Only a suggestion

But yeah, I confess; I only managed to get War Within Starscream (#2 of round 4) correct because the 2nd pic in previous rounds showed a War Within Transformer. I never followed War Within very keenly tbh, so I normally wouldn't have recognized WW Starscream..

Randomised for your pleasure.

FatalityPitt Guest

Ah, that's more like it

Top: Classics Ironhide, BWII - Magnaboss component, G2 Powermaster, Henkei, RiD Spychanger

Middle: No idea, Animated, G2 Go-Bot, Movie, Animated Armourhide

Bottom: Armada Armourhide, don't know, WFC, No idea, G1

Definitely more challenging this time. Had to guess a number of these, and some I did not know at all.

9/15 = 60%

Answers:
    Top row: Timelines/Descent Into Evil Ironhide, BW Ironhide, Power Master Ironhide, RiD Ironhide
    Centre row: Energon Ironhide, Animated Ironhide, Gobot Ironhide, Movie Ironhide, Animated Ironhide (Japan - it's what Bulkhead was called)
    Bottom row: Micron Legend Ironhide (JP name for Armada Demolishor), War Within Ironhide, War For Cybertron Ironhide, Armada Ironhide (Terrorsaur's Mini-Con), G1