Thread: Name that Transformer

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    FatalityPitt Guest

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    20/25 (80%) -- maybe I should randomise 'em to make it harder.
    Up to you mate. Only a suggestion

But yeah, I confess; I only managed to get War Within Starscream (#2 of round 4) correct because the 2nd pic in previous rounds showed a War Within Transformer. I never followed War Within very keenly tbh, so I normally wouldn't have recognized WW Starscream..

Randomised for your pleasure.

FatalityPitt Guest

Ah, that's more like it

Top: Classics Ironhide, BWII - Magnaboss component, G2 Powermaster, Henkei, RiD Spychanger

Middle: No idea, Animated, G2 Go-Bot, Movie, Animated Armourhide

Bottom: Armada Armourhide, don't know, WFC, No idea, G1

Definitely more challenging this time. Had to guess a number of these, and some I did not know at all.

9/15 = 60%

Answers:
    Top row: Timelines/Descent Into Evil Ironhide, BW Ironhide, Power Master Ironhide, RiD Ironhide
    Centre row: Energon Ironhide, Animated Ironhide, Gobot Ironhide, Movie Ironhide, Animated Ironhide (Japan - it's what Bulkhead was called)
    Bottom row: Micron Legend Ironhide (JP name for Armada Demolishor), War Within Ironhide, War For Cybertron Ironhide, Armada Ironhide (Terrorsaur's Mini-Con), G1

FatalityPitt Guest

That's a little better than expected..

I muck-up a little with #2 at the top when I said 'BWII'. I should have just said 'BW'. I recognized the character from the BWII anime and I knew he formed part of Magnaboss, but he was called something else (not Ironhide). I think the US/Western version named Ironhide might've been a toy-only character. Don't remember seeing him in any cartoons.

Ah, I got tricked with the animated ones. Lol. I never realised Bulkhead was called Ironhide in Japan. In Japan, the red Ironhide was Armourhide (I didn't know that either...).

Bottom 1st; I knew I'd seen him before. He was definitely a Decepticon in the Armada series, but he went by another name that I couldn't remember. I thought he might be Armourhide, because in RiD/Car Robots (I'm surprised how much I know about that series despite not being a fan), there was an Armourhide which formed one of Ruination's legs, and I figured the Armada character might have been based on that.

Yeah, besides those, not much surprises.

Quote Originally Posted by FatalityPitt View Post
    I muck-up a little with #2 at the top when I said 'BWII'. I should have just said 'BW'. I recognized the character from the BWII anime and I knew he formed part of Magnaboss, but he was called something else (not Ironhide). I think the US/Western version named Ironhide might've been a toy-only character. Don't remember seeing him in any cartoons.
    Heh, didn't even noticed that you'd typed "II", otherwise I wouldn't have awarded you the point for it (ah well, t'is only a game ). The Japanese version is called Santon and there are some additional colours which Ironhide lacks. BW Ironhide never appeared in the cartoon but did appear briefly in the IDW comics.