View Poll Results: Which character would you like to see in the Masterpiece Line?

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • Arcee

4 7.55%
  • Blurr

0 0%
  • Kup

0 0%
  • Jazz

18 33.96%
  • Mirage

0 0%
  • Hound

6 11.32%
  • Sunstreaker

4 7.55%
  • Blaster

3 5.66%
  • Galvatron

5 9.43%
  • Cyclonus

2 3.77%
  • Scourge

0 0%
  • Blitzwing

2 3.77%
  • Astrotrain

3 5.66%
  • Insecticons

2 3.77%
  • Other (please specify in comments)

4 7.55%
Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Which character would you like to see in the Masterpiece Line?

FatalityPitt Guest

Default Which character would you like to see in the Masterpiece Line?

This has probably been asked before, but given that a lot of new Masterpiece stuff has been recently released/announced; I figured it’d be a good time to get a refreshed view of what’s now on peoples’ wish lists.

I confess I’m pretty selective when it comes to buying Masterpiece figures (I only have 6), so I’m not a hardcore fan. But if there is a character close to my heart being made into a Masterpiece, I’d buy it!

One thing I noticed lately about Masterpiece is that they tend to do a lot of re-decos (e.g. Seekers, different versions of Optimus Prime, Inferno/Grapple/Artfire, etc), and they’ve given the same characters more than one Masterpiece (e.g. Hot Rod, Megatron, Starscream, Optimus Prime). I understand why they do this (cost efficiency, popularity, etc), but it sometimes feels like there’s rarely anything brand new and all-different being done.

Yes, they’re branching off into Beast Wars, and it’s great! But there’s still a lot of juice left in the fruit that is G1. Still lots of classic characters left to make as Masterpieces.

So, which classic G1 character would you like to see get the Masterpiece treatment? - If it could be absolutely anyone.
    Last edited by FatalityPitt; 9th April 2017 at 12:46 PM.

Quite a few of the above. There are still MP-shaped holes in my collection for Cyclonus, Scourge, Blaster (& his cassettes, plus the remaining cassettes for Soundwave) and the Insecticons.

If we're dreaming, though - combining MP Predacons.

Everyone has their own rules when collecting. Me personally, I only collect obscure characters off the MP line (Delta instead of Ultra, Road Rage instead of Tracks etc). I've voted for Jazz for 2 reason. First, one of the most popular characters ever (how could you not?). An secondly, you can get a redeco of Stepper which I would easily buy I am aware that it will be a long shot as Porsche don't allow this sort of thing. Here's hoping anyways

On the redeco's, still waiting on other versions of Grapple, Ironhide & Ratchet.
    WANTED BOTS: G1: Horri-bull, Snarler, Mainframe, Chop Shop, Ransack CHUG: Spin Out, Cordon, Brotropolis Rescue MASTERPIECE: Acid Storm
    ENERGON: Six Shot

FatalityPitt Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Ode to a Grasshopper View Post
    It'd be massive, but cool. From memory, out of the original G1 combiners; Predaking was the biggest in size.

Quote Originally Posted by CHILENO20 View Post
    I've voted for Jazz for 2 reason. First, one of the most popular characters ever (how could you not?). An secondly, you can get a redeco of Stepper which I would easily buy I am aware that it will be a long shot as Porsche don't allow this sort of thing. Here's hoping anyways
    Stepper (with Targetmaster partner) would be cool. I could be wrong, but so far, the only Targetmaster we've gotten in Masterpiece was Hasbro's Hot Rod with Firebolt. It'd be good to see more Targetmasters (and maybe Headmasters) in MP form.

I voted Galvatron. To me, Galvatron is the Megatron to Rodimus' Optimus Prime. Rodimus and Galvatron are supposed to be archenemies, and so far we've had 2 Rodimus but no Galvatron.

Jazz pls
    I love the MP Autobot cars so far, MP Jazz would be awesome. And the more Autobots we get the more obvious it is that he's missing. :/

I think Galvatron is pretty likely, as you said, so he can be paired up with Rodimus. Also Blaster? Kinda surprised we haven't seen him yet.

Quote Originally Posted by CHILENO20 View Post
    Everyone has their own rules when collecting. Me personally, I only collect obscure characters off the MP line (Delta instead of Ultra, Road Rage instead of Tracks etc). I've voted for Jazz for 2 reason. First, one of the most popular characters ever (how could you not?). An secondly, you can get a redeco of Stepper which I would easily buy I am aware that it will be a long shot as Porsche don't allow this sort of thing. Here's hoping anyways
    I'm hopeful too, because we got MP Bumblebee, and VW own Porsche as far as I can tell. Plus, Takara has VW and Porsche licenses for their Tomica line and that's the department Hasui went through to get the license to make Bumblebee (and Wheeljack? Apparently the Lancia license was tough to get too).
    This info was all in translated interviews posted on tfw.
    "The Decepticons keep bad company - each other!" - Jazz, G2

I seem to recall reading something recently about an MP Galvatron being planned, then canned a while back. Apparently it's in the too-hard basket or something.
    I can't remember where, but it was one of the threads on another board complaining about the latest MP Megatron not being a new character.

I hope that's not the case of course.

You know that it is possible to set polls to allow people to vote for more than one option. Out of these choices I voted Jazz. BTW I trust that everyone voted on TakaraTOMY's online poll before they geoblocked it. Cos on there you could select multiple options are even nominate characters if it wasn't listed.

It's a freakin' great poll and I really wish that they hadn't chosen to geoblock it. And I really hope that members currently in Japan are continuing to use that poll. Still, we had about a good 10 years or so of submitting feedback to Takara(TOMY) before they closed the poll off to non-Japanese residents.

I'd like to see a MP 2 pack of the smaller bots. Like a Brawn/Cosmos or Swerve/Wheelie etc.

Quote Originally Posted by tinyJazz View Post
    Jazz pls
    Yes and yes!

I did vote for Hound though as I thought he would look cool

As it is I've never understood why they haven't done Overkill and Slugfest - both showed up in the G1 cartoon (albeit very briefly) and would go great with MP Soundwave. I can't imagine many MP collectors that have Soundwave not picking those 2 up.

I used to wish for Inferno and Dirge so the MP line is being kind to me at the moment

If they made everyone that was an option in this poll, I would be one very happy (and broke) camper

FatalityPitt Guest

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    You know that it is possible to set polls to allow people to vote for more than one option.
    Ah snap, I didn't realise that.. Well, too late now, the toothpaste is now out of the tube.. Don't suppose there's a way to reconfigure an existing poll to accommodate multiple options?

I seem to recall reading something recently about an MP Galvatron being planned, then canned a while back. Apparently it's in the too-hard basket or something.
    I can't remember where, but it was one of the threads on another board complaining about the latest MP Megatron not being a new character.

I hope that's not the case of course.
    Yeah that's weird. You'd think Galvatron would be relatively easy because it's got an original sci-fi/fantasy alt-mode, and the robot mode allowed kibble to show (tank threads on arms, etc). The only conceivable challenge is making sure the robot's proportions are correct. I guess Galvatron either isn't popular enough, doesn't have enough redeco options, or they're saving him for a later day..