Released here – ???
Approximate Retail Price - ???
Approximate Size - 15cm
Allegiance - Autobot
Alt-mode – Hovercraft
Main Features/Gimmicks – Titan Master
Main Colours – Purple, pink, yellow
Main Accessories – Gun, nosecone, Titan Master, fans

Here she is, the last of IDW’s original three fembots. Judging by conversations on the net, she is the main selling points of this set.

Her colour scheme is quite bright but manages to avoid being to garish. The joints are all quite tight with no sign of mould degradation yet. The fans connect into existing holes on the moulds arms and won’t come off unless you want them off. The unnamed Titan Master head looks good if a little blocky, but it is a little disappointing they left her clear blue visor off. Given that she doesn’t always have one in the comics it’s somewhat understandable. What is less understandable is why they then chose to give her a visor on the artwork on the front of the box.

Her lips have a little colour to them, but it’s pretty subtle and doesn’t really jump out. Thankfully not as full on red as the renders portrayed. Her posability is everything you would expect from the Blurr mould. Thankfully the fans don’t interfere with any movement, although they will affect how you can mount her nosecone on her arm. In the pre-release chatter some concerns were raised as to whether the Blurr mould would be feminine enough. I think she manages it quite well. The face is quite female, and the body is slim enough to not contradict it. It manages to look female without being over the top.

Vehicle mode looks pretty good. The strong colours continue to work well together with the lines on the nosecone standing out quite nicely. The fans integrate quite well and don’t give an overall impression of Blurr with bolt-ons. Looks pretty sleek and gives off a hovercraft vibe. Not much more to say. Rolls well on the wheels.

This figure has really impressed me with the versatility of the Blurr mould. The three characters that use it all manage to have quite distinct silhouettes in both modes with only minor changes to the base body. Brainstorm uses remoulding and is clearly the furthest from the base Blurr mould, but Nautica manages a fair degree of differentiation with only two additional accessories that utilise existing holes in the mould. It makes a pleasant change from Combiner Wars moulds just getting a new coat of paint and maybe a new head for each character. Looking at you Alpha-Bravo/Blades/Vortex/Skyburst/Stormclash/Spinister/Lunaclub/Moonheart/Hepter

Am I disappointed Nautica didn’t get her own unique mould? Yes I am. Do I think she needs to be a Titan Master? No, but given that Windblade is getting a Titan Master update I can’t say I’m surprised. Does she deserves a wider release than one overpriced exclusive set? Definitely. However, if this ends up as the only Nautica toy ever made I'm happy with it.