View Poll Results: With 7 weeks to go, what do you expect of the TF5 Movie?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • It looks like it will definitely be the best one yet

2 4.88%
  • Looking like it could be one of the better ones so far

9 21.95%
  • So far looks about average for the Live Action Movies

17 41.46%
  • Looking like it could be one of the worst ones so far

2 4.88%
  • Definitely looks like it will be the worst of the five

0 0%
  • Don't know - avoiding all contact to prevent spoilers

1 2.44%
  • Don't care - haven't been following the news on this one

10 24.39%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: With 7 weeks to go, what do you expect of the TF5 Movie?

Average. Obeying the pattern of laws of diminishing returns the other films seem to follow, this one wil probably be the worst. Having said that, I would always add the caveat that it's only a likely scenario, and that I will reserve judgement until others I trust have reviewed it for me (I've already decided not to go see it at the cinemas unless a free ticket magically finds it's way to me, and even then I'd probably see some thing else. Bay simply hasn't shown himself to be worth my time or money with the TF franchise).

M-Bot's Customs logo by M-bot2011

To follow M's Toy Customs of Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/MsToyCustoms
    While you're there, click the "LIKE" button!

Age Of Extinction was an abomination. Worst TF movie ever. TLK looks quite good though. Looking forward to it.

I haven't followed he spoilers/reveals/trailers all that much. Partially to avoid spoilers partially from a lack of interest.

But from what I have seen/heard, with it supposedly delving more into the mythos and lore of the transformers it could potentially be one of the better ones
    Easily better than ROTF at least

Megatran Guest

Expectations:
    + Lots of live action scenes. Tick
    + Over abundance of destruction. Tick
    + A bit of T&A thrown in for good measure. Tick
    + A few memorable one-liners. Tick
    + Slo-mo running scene of Laura Haddock's character. Tick

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Fans complain because they care.
    Fan-boys & girls complain cos their own lives are as boring as sh!t. You know it's true.

You don't whinge about stuff that you aren't emotionally invested in.
    Ahem ... keyboard warriors wave their internet fists at any bandwagon topic, then jump on to the next 'it' topic just like a flock of sheep. No disrespect to any sheep.

I can clearly remember seeing each of the trailers for the films from ROTfF onwards and thinking "looks very promising - this looks better than the last one!"... and then being wrong. Fool me thrice...

M-Bot's Customs logo by M-bot2011

To follow M's Toy Customs of Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/MsToyCustoms
    While you're there, click the "LIKE" button!

Megatron Guest

TF5 looks kind of predictable. But then I don't like the Bay movies at all (understatement) and this fifth one does not interest me in the slightest. Granted "Megatron" (Baytron) is back (yay?) but I get the feeling his role in it will be very predictable also.

Bay TF movies formula = if you are a named Transformer appearing on screen then you will, sooner or later, experience the thrill of getting your head blown off or similar... unless your name is either Optimus or Bumblebee (maybe others). And if you happen to be on the lucky team, i.e. a "Decepticon" (Baycon) then you will be able to enjoy the experience of that thrill sooner rather than later, much more often and with much brutality, so that the heroes (Auto-baybots) can actually look like heroes and appear to be doing something worthwhile for a change. Also you will lack any kind of personality and your existence will be pretty much meaningless (I know, such words do not mean much to Mr Bay and the genius team of creators but, oh well).

I apologize for the facetiousness (not). I voted Average.

Considering that this movie is the beginning of what is to come from the recent writer's room, I believe that this movie won't be as bad as people think, especially with Ehren Kruger out of the picture. While I think that this movie will be miles better than the sequels, I have doubts that this will be better than the first one. Imo, nothing beats the first one (at least so far).

"Autobots, roll out!"
    "We rollin'"

Not much.

FatalityPitt Guest

I voted average. I would normally vote "don't care" since I'm not a fan of the live action movies. But the fact that it's got Hot Rod in it, and a character who's a Headmaster ; I'm a bit curious about this one.

The Warcraft movie was complete rubbish but I don't complain about it because I also don't care about it.
    Felt this way about the live action Dragonball movie too. To me it was amusingly bad, so I enjoyed it. The whingeing and moaning from DB fans tho that I met....
    Quote Originally Posted by Firestorm View Post
    I haven't followed he spoilers/reveals/trailers all that much. Partially to avoid spoilers partially from a lack of interest.
    Also this.

I don't expect it to be worse than the previous movies, mainly since aside from #1 I haven't really enjoyed any of them. However I very much doubt it'll be better than the others as well. All of the Tf movies have had great trailers that made me think "Wow, this time they'll do it right" and each time it has not been so.

I've been avoiding news as I'll get around to seeing it one day. I just don't think it'll be any time soon. Maybe when it shows up on TV.