Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 491011121314
Results 131 to 136 of 136

Thread: UCS Millenium Falcon re-release?

  1. #131
    Join Date
    7th Oct 2015
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    1,069

    Default

    I finally had the coffee table done to display my UCS Falcon. Acrylic cover with Australian oak base. Professionally made, all up it cost about $1100. Pricey, but well worth it as a centrepiece in the living room.



    Some more pics: https://imgur.com/gallery/dESj77O

    And if the hit to the wallet wasn?t enough, a re-issue of the UCS Star Destroyer has been rumoured and is looking very likely: https://twitter.com/LEGO_Group/statu...010565635?s=20

  2. #132
    Join Date
    2nd Oct 2014
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    543

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Wiggum View Post
    I finally had the coffee table done to display my UCS Falcon. Acrylic cover with Australian oak base. Professionally made, all up it cost about $1100. Pricey, but well worth it as a centrepiece in the living room.
    Tidy! Would you consider getting an LED light kit for it?

  3. #133
    Join Date
    7th Oct 2015
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    1,069

    Default

    Probably not, I can?t see myself switching them often enough to make the effort worthwhile

  4. #134
    Join Date
    2nd Oct 2014
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    543

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Wiggum View Post
    Probably not, I can?t see myself switching them often enough to make the effort worthwhile
    Just occurred to me that the acrylic cover would need to be removed each time you wanted to switch on the LEDs.

  5. #135
    Join Date
    31st Dec 2007
    Location
    Western Sydney
    Posts
    7,111

    Default

    What an awesome way to display a worthy piece! Now to figure out where the UCS Star Destroyer will go next!

    Hunting for PotP Sludge and Snarl. If any are still out in the wild or you don?t want yours anymore, let me know! Don?t care about the cards and will pay the postage costs!

  6. #136
    drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member
    Join Date
    20th Jul 2013
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    7,181

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kovert View Post
    Just occurred to me that the acrylic cover would need to be removed each time you wanted to switch on the LEDs.
    Urm, mine is IR Remote, I have even include the falcon's take off sound clip whenever the LED is turned on.
    There are even options now that allow you to control LED lights from your phone via bluetooth.

    Is funny, I felt this was the most pleasing toy I had, I think is more to do with accomplishment and is just satisfying.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •