Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: UCS Millenium Falcon re-release?

I think he will build it when we can all go around to his place at the same time and help.

So on Sunday morning I went down to Chadstone to queue up for their release. The Legoland Discovery Centre had 45 sets available. I got there a bit after 5am and there was a smallish handful of people hanging around one of the doors and it slowly built up. Around 5:45 I think a security guard came over and opened the door to tell us that they will open up at 7am, nobody is to hang around in front of the door and block it up, we need to move over and sit down somewhere and if they see anyone who had snuck in somehow they would be removed. He seemed a bit grumpy haha. This was only at one entrance, there would have been people at 2 or 3 other entrances nearby also.

Just after 6 one guy turns up with a chair and a little portable trolley. He walks past everyone and starts waving at the door to see if it will open. People start talking about what the security guard said but he basically ignored it all and plonked his chair down in the middle right in front of the door. This triggered a bit of a panic surge I think and everyone just crowded in. I decided to skip it and go home after that! Even after the doors to the centre open at 7am the actual shop wasn't opening until 8:30. I figured I couldn't be bothered now risking the other 2.5 hours plus race up the stairs to not get anything and left. So I came away empty handed but I am (mostly lol) ok with that as I know it isn't a super limited release and these are just early woes after the online launch.

To top it off of course a bunch of these sets from that morning went up on gumtree and ebay for inflated prices straight away. We know this because they included the tickets the shop handed out for the people in the line

I can't blame you. If I had to line up I'd never have bothered. I was lucky in that I was at work, in front of my computer when it went up so I ordered then went home.

I know why they included the trolley now. I weighed the box and it came in at 15kgs
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Bleh, screw the scalpers, they need to DIAF.

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    I can't blame you. If I had to line up I'd never have bothered. I was lucky in that I was at work, in front of my computer when it went up so I ordered then went home.

I know why they included the trolley now. I weighed the box and it came in at 15kgs
    That's a lot of Lego!!
    I still function.....................while killing threads. ;-)

For those interested it seems like there is currently stock of the Lego UCS Millennium Falcon in their online shop.

I saw some people talk about it on FB. I actually got one a little while ago! The centre in Chadstone did a hat-draw raffle and my name got pulled out so headed on down and picked one up. It is huge. I really want to build it but there is literally nowhere for it to go lol

That is exactly the same way my mate from work got one and exactly the reason he hasn't built it yet.

Dang, such a tease - if you search up Star Wars on the LegoShop website, it will come up as a search result with an "add to bag" button that doesn't work.

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!

That is because it is out of stock again. I must have accidentally caught the small window of new stock.