Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: UCS Millenium Falcon re-release?

I am having a nasty feeling about ordering this.

I ordered on the 11th of Dec and it apparently arrived in Australia on the 26th of Dec. It has been stuck with customs ever since.

I have a bad feeling as it is over $1k, they are going to sting me for import duties. I dare anyone to actually find any usable information on the Customs website but I think it may be a 5% tariff on top of the purchase price. If it is on top of the overseas fees for my CC, it is basically another 9.5% on top of the purchase price. Best to try and source it locally if that ends up being the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Thurmus View Post

I ordered on the 11th of Dec and it apparently arrived in Australia on the 26th of Dec. It has been stuck with customs ever since.

I have a bad feeling as it is over $1k, they are going to sting me for import duties. I dare anyone to actually find any usable information on the Customs website but I think it may be a 5% tariff on top of the purchase price. If it is on top of the overseas fees for my CC, it is basically another 9.5% on top of the purchase price. Best to try and source it locally if that ends up being the case.
    There was a bit of info on this in one of the Lego FB pages. No one confirmed about paying additional import taxes but some did say they were in a similar situation and it was due to it being delivered by a different carrier called DAI Post. Might take longer to clear in his case but some have been able to get it released faster by calling DAI.

http://www.daipost.com

Thanks mate. I don't do Facebook and when I looked up the tracking info I saw DAI but they looked like a wholesaler of freight. I will have a read and give them a try.

Very much appreciate the tip.

What’s the likelihood of this getting a normal Australian store release?

It would be at least 6 to 12 months I would say.

The UCS Snowspeeder has appeared on Big W's website but they have not had stock yet. It was released on the 4th of May.

It would be at least 6 to 12 months I would say.

The UCS Snowspeeder has appeared on Big W's website but they have not had stock yet. It was released on the 4th of May.
    The Snowspeeder has been in store at BigW for the past 4 months or so. I bought one during their last 20% off sale.

As for the MF, it’s spose to start appearing around March/April locally as I have mine on laybuy at Toyworld.

Stuff ordered from S@H is notorious for vanishing for weeks on end during shipping. The lead theory is that it sits at Lego's warehouse in Alexandria. It usually goes AWOL for about 3 weeks. Given the holiday period, I would expect that to go up to 4-5 weeks.

I wouldn't be worried if I were you. My Falcon didn't show any tracking movement for 3 weeks, then showed up at my door. I recently used the VIP points I got from the Falcon purchase to buy a Christmas present for my son. I ordered mid November, no tracking updates and then it got delivered Wednesday before Christmas.

And no, I didn't get charged any customs duties on my Falcon. S@H is an Australian online store. Lego pay all import duties.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Quote Originally Posted by Ploughmans Lunch View Post
    Apparently TRU will stock it.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Thanks Trent. At least the sick feeling has gone from my stomach.

Quote Originally Posted by Ploughmans Lunch View Post
    I have heard that Myer is hoping to get some early this year