Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151621 ... LastLast

Thread: MP39 is... Sunstreaker!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zed View Post
    I don't think Bob would fit in with the new 'totally toon' MP style, he'd work better with the CHUG toy.

While I do like the latest MP's but with their simplistic and featureless robot designs advanced articulation aside they look like they stepped right out of the 80's.
    I was kinda being sarcastic about doing the whole Bob, Wheelchair & Headmaster thing to MP Sunstreaker, which is why I said it should be a retooled Combiner Wars Sunstreaker (replace the neck part with a New Titans Master compatible section and so they don't have to do too much to retool him, because you know, it's Hasbro, just modify the guns to sit an Onion boy retool in, it'd work).

With opening doors, bonnet, pop-up headlights, optional super-tuning components, anti-laserbeak laser gun, evil space robot mask, the ability to stablely stand on one-leg, hold his gun with both hands, and all in a sculpt no bigger than Sideswipes - The only things he's missing are his hand-replacement missiles and a toy accurate helment, and being TakTom, what's the bet Spin-Out'll be getting those.

I wonder if MP Sunstreaker can use Chips wheelchair as a rollerskate, hmmm...
    'The Spark's Willing, but the Metal's Fatigued'
    Ghost of Starscream

Quote Originally Posted by DaptoDog View Post
    BBTS has just put it up for pre-order for US$119.99! WHAT THE???
    Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    God dammit HLJ, please put up your preorder for him. I MUST HAZ!!!
    I've preordered with BBTS as a safety net and will cancel as soon as I can get an order in with HLJ

bowspearer Guest

BBTS has just put it up for pre-order for US$119.99! WHAT THE???
    Probably basing it on how much Inferno and Ironhide have been without realising that it'll wind up being more around the "Sideswipe" price point.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by bowspearer View Post
    Probably basing it on how much Inferno and Ironhide have been without realising that it'll wind up being more around the "Sideswipe" price point.
    I think Tracks price point minimum.

Haha that would seriously make me question the whole buying doubles thing. But I'll be optimistic and assume this is just the old BBTS placeholder pricing. Will take a week or two before we see the Japanese pricing I imagine.
    http://www.thechosenprime.com/MP39Sunstreaker
    Another US site, another $120 price tag.

I don't think we will be getting Sunstreaker for the same price as his car brother, that was a few years ago and things have changed.

Recent Mp's may have upped their game in engineering stakes, but they have also upped their prices.

No longer if official the more affordable option.

The MP designers create and modify their bots based on what sales think that the market will tolerate. There is a common trend to inflate prices based on cheap accessories.

Sunstreaker appears to have a lot more parts than the other cars as well as a yellow deco which is a difficult color to match across materials. The more paint apps, materials and gang molds the higher the production cost.

I would expect it to be around 8 - 10, 000 jpy depending on how much paint they use.
    Which brings us to where we are today...

MP Lambor didn't have the same level of features that Sunstreaker has - e.g. transformable rear, number of bonus accessories etc. I would expect it to be around the 7500~8000JPY range as that's how much MP Tracks and Hot Rod were.

I'm liking what I see so far. Personally this is better then Badcubes attempt at Sunstreaker, it wasnt bad really but not great imo which is probably why I never got it, that and the hope that TT would eventually be able to release him. Now the wait for a good price from a reliable seller begins

Allah damn it i hope preorders go up soon. Hos brother needs him lol.