Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast

Thread: MP39 is... Sunstreaker!

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    The only thing I don't like is the yellow spoiler. In the cartoon it was silver like the G1 toy. An odd oversight considering how well the MP series usually does at replicating their animated look.
    Agree 100%. The car mode just doesn't feel G1 enough to me, really needs the chrome and black spoiler

Cool, it looks like they just copied the 3rd party Badcube design (with the fake chest even) and tweaked it for greater toon accuracy.

I will definitely get this as I've really been a fan of Takara's latest engineering on the MP's. However I also have a 3rd party version toy and no regrets about having both, quite frankly in bot mode the 3rd party toy is going to fit in far better with the pre-Ironhide MP cars than this guy will.

The yellow spoiler is most likely a Lamborghini thing. Countach spoilers are typically the body colour.

I like the option of making the car a stock LP500S - it looks good, and having Sunstreaker displayed this way next to Sideswipe emphasises their 'twin' nature, even if he never appeared this way in the cartoon.

The TFW2005 article has a fifth picture that shows Sunstreaker's pistol stowed in his leg.

Lamborghini supposedly not wanting the bonnet to split strikes me as kind of odd - was that really speculated as a reason for the delay in giving Sunstreaker the Masterpiece treatment? Takara could easily engineer the bonnet to be asymmetrical so that the Lamborghini badge isn't split if that was what they were concerned about. I think that having the middle of the bonnet separate from the sides and fold away in this instance probably helps to prevent Sunstreaker having comically wide feet.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    The yellow spoiler is most likely a Lamborghini thing. Countach spoilers are typically the body colour.

I like the option of making the car a stock LP500S - it looks good, and having Sunstreaker displayed this way next to Sideswipe emphasises their 'twin' nature, even if he never appeared this way in the cartoon.

The TFW2005 article has a fifth picture that shows Sunstreaker's pistol stowed in his leg.

Lamborghini supposedly not wanting the bonnet to split strikes me as kind of odd - was that really speculated as a reason for the delay in giving Sunstreaker the Masterpiece treatment? Takara could easily engineer the bonnet to be asymmetrical so that the Lamborghini badge isn't split if that was what they were concerned about. I think that having the middle of the bonnet separate from the sides and fold away in this instance probably helps to prevent Sunstreaker having comically wide feet.

I have a vague recollection of Chevrolet expressing similar issues with Alt Tracks, delaying the release thereof.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

hYpNoS is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Initial_G View Post
    I think it's pretty cool with the option to have different butts :P

Would be nice if there could be a chrome / silver spoiler too
    Are the tailights an optional part?

I'd prefer them to remain on for the entire time with the super charger applied AND even when transformed, unless they're there just to retain license...

FatalityPitt Guest

More pics. He even has interchangeable faces

https://www.seibertron.com/transform...treaker/38195/

From TFW2005

Quote Originally Posted by Spark Extractor, post: 14626892, member: 104911
    MP-39 Sunstreaker

From Planet Iacon FB

Edit: Via post #357 [USER=47621]@Emperor Bruticus IV[/USER]

I (Emperor Bruticus IV) Skimmed through the translation of the text which to paraphrase says:

> Sunstreaker was one of the original characters who played an integral part of the cast.
    He has an electronic propulsion engine connected making him unique. Sunstreakers narcism and hatred for humans in the comics is mentioned.
    "The G1 version toy becomes a long awaited masterpiece"
    A release that domestically was only put out as a box set despite his countless appearances:
    * Heroic Decepticon: Takara Transformers VSZ: Sunstreaker & Skids versus Buzzsaw Giftset *
    Putting to rest the talk about him being a unique car in the cartoon yet a real world car, we have given him 2 car models;
    The engine can be exposed or hidden.
    I believe the pre-orders will be in Early June.

> "Chip Chase is the only human Sunstreaker liked, you can replicate the scene from 'Megatron's return' placing him on the shoulder.
    We feel there were many fans out there waiting for a Chip Chase.

> "Sunstreaker can balance on one leg to reproduce the scenes in 'Hoist goes to Hollywood' strange mask included.

> "Sunstreaker has a real car licensed Lamborghini Countach LP 500 S mode. His electronic propulsion engine is concealed underneath the engine bay cover, the rear combination taillights can also be transformed into a more cartoon accurate version giving two choices.

> "Sunstreaker comes with two types of Electron pulse gun, one large - one small. The smaller gun can be stored in the main body within the left leg of the robot mode and underneath the underside of the engine bay in vehicle mode.
    So pre-orders expected to go up in a few weeks.
    Which brings us to where we are today...

Quote Originally Posted by Tober View Post
    From TFW2005

So pre-orders expected to go up in a few weeks.
    It actually mentions it the article early June is tentative date for when the reveal announcement of price & when it's on sale

Oppose to preorder opens in early June

Quote Originally Posted by canofwhoopass_87 View Post
    Agree 100%. The car mode just doesn't feel G1 enough to me, really needs the chrome and black spoiler
    The black struts are there, it's just that the spoiler is yellow. And as Magnus and I have both mentioned before, it's likely to do with a condition of licensing with Lamborghini. The clear scans provided in the link by FatalityPitt confirms that this toy does have a licensed vehicle mode.

The trademarks copyrights and design rights in and associated with Lamborghini, Lamborghini with Bull and Shield Device, are used under licence from Automobili Lamborghini S.p.A.
    Quote Originally Posted by SharkyMcShark View Post
    I have a vague recollection of Chevrolet expressing similar issues with Alt Tracks, delaying the release thereof.
    Takara were initially only able to obtain rights for that vehicle for Tracks in yellow as the vehicle wasn't available in blue. Hasbro later obtained the rights to release it in blue for Alternators, then Takara later released blue BT Tracks.
    Quote Originally Posted by hYpNoS View Post
    Are the tailights an optional part?

I'd prefer them to remain on for the entire time with the super charger applied AND even when transformed, unless they're there just to retain licence...
    The taillights appear to be a permanent fixture which are covered up in the "Super Tuning" variant transformation.

bowspearer Guest

SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!