Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1116171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: MP39 is... Sunstreaker!

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I have never encountered serious problems with transformers.
    Macross are limited stock. And so are Gundam metal build.

Every tf I bought from them except for Magnus that have a dent at the box was by far a lot faster than pc even by boat.

The plus for ny is the ability to pay whenever the exchange rates are good and multiple shipping options.

Tfs that I bought from NY
    Mp-12+
    Mp-12g
    Mp-13
    Mp-10 shipped by boat
    Mp-34
    Mp-21
    Mp-24
    Last edited by drifand; 6th June 2017 at 09:17 AM.

After some research, at the price a few of the aussie sellers have it at i will give one of them a go.
    Spiderken Away!

Quote Originally Posted by spiderken17 View Post
    After some research, at the price a few of the aussie sellers have it at i will give one of them a go.
    just be aware of their terms and conditions.

I am staying clear of local stores unless I know the person and store first hand.

Quote Originally Posted by spiderken17 View Post
    what is shipping like?
    Sorry just saw this now. I pre ordered 3 Sunstreakers and 2 Sideswipes and the total shipping came to 7,300¥ for EMS. So about 1,500¥ or $18 each. Ordering multiples or combining with other pre orders really helps reduce the average shipping cost. If you EMS one Sunstreaker it came to 2,540¥ but there are some slightly cheaper shipping options.

HLJ's shipping was about half NY but there price was much higher. NY is cheaper overall and cheaper than The Little Toy Company including shipping.

Items are very well packed also.

Quote Originally Posted by Tober View Post
    Not great, and a bunch of folks over on the Macross World forums found themselves slugged with additional shipping charges on release of a few itmes.

I would recommend HLJ. Better customer support in case something goes wrong too.
    I believe they messed up with shipping rates for Tracks before and given this may be bigger box or heavier than usual MP cars i would recommend HLJ or Amiami to get a fair shipping cost.

Edit: i believe they used the wrong box size provided by TakTom Mall for Tracks

Quote Originally Posted by ampoldj View Post
    I believe they messed up with shipping rates for Tracks before and given this may be bigger box or heavier than usual MP cars i would recommend HLJ or Amiami to get a fair shipping cost.

Yes that was an isolated incident. Mind you, their shipping cost for MP-12+ is lower than MP-39, hard to think the weight is that much different to justify it. At the end of the day though, all that matters is the total cost including shipping when compared across the retailers.

Quote Originally Posted by ampoldj View Post

Correct, however that said, they ARE providing future approximates for shipping whereas HLJ will NOT have it till in stock.

If you feel the approximates ARE RIGHT, buy them. To be fair, I believe Tracks was the first MP I skipped and bought from PC instead when they were reliable.

For Sunstreaker, after adding up and the cost is below $125, I think is a fair go and rate.

Quote Originally Posted by DaptoDog View Post
    At the end of the day though, all that matters is the total cost including shipping when compared across the retailers.
    IMO at the end of the day what matters is a retailer that delivers. HLJ may not be the cheapest around, but their prices are always RRP or less and having dealt with them since 2003 they have never let me down.

Everyone has their own personal favourites when it comes to dealers, and that's fine. What matters is that we get our toys!

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    IMO at the end of the day what matters is a retailer that delivers. HLJ may not be the cheapest around, but their prices are always RRP or less and having dealt with them since 2003 they have never let me down.

Everyone has their own personal favourites when it comes to dealers, and that's fine. What matters is that we get our toys!
    Well that is a given with each of these reputable dealers. I don't know anyone that has not received what they ordered.

Quote Originally Posted by DaptoDog View Post
    Yes that was an isolated incident. Mind you, their shipping cost for MP-12+ is lower than MP-39, hard to think the weight is that much different to justify it. At the end of the day though, all that matters is the total cost including shipping when compared across the retailers.
    I think they used the MP12 weight (max 0.7kg) given MP12+ has only extra piledrivers and gave one weight class higher 0.8 kg for MP39 given the new mould and accessories.