Page 102 of 119 FirstFirst ... 8292979899100101102103104105106107112 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 1182

Thread: Transformers Toy Rumours (must note a source)

Quote Originally Posted by SharkyMcShark View Post
    Interesting. I blame Hasbro then because their official press for it was dated 10 January so far as I can see.
    Gear shows up suddenly at retail all the time now, Hasbro logistics and marketing don't exactly see eye to eye anymore

Rumour is that the next GI Joe X Transformers figure will now be the Triple-T and Sgt Slaughter.

https://www.seibertron.com/transform...riple-t/47487/

Personally, I think this is unlikely because Sgt Slaughter is the only GI Joe that is a real person. His TV/toy likeness and TV voice are that of WWE Hall of Famer Sgt Slaughter. In 2020 Slaughter was disgraced when it was reported that he never actually served in any US armed forces despite claiming he did serve in the USMC from 1966 to 1973. That is actually a massive insult to US military personnel and veterans and is an actual crime in the US. Hasbro would be very silly to stir up that hornet's nest.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Other is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

He already got a Gi Joe Classified figure a few months ago, with no backlash, and it wasn't a quiet unadvertised release either. The yanks don't care about that sorta thing these days, it's not the 2000's anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Other View Post
    He already got a Gi Joe Classified figure a few months ago, with no backlash, and it wasn't a quiet unadvertised release either. The yanks don't care about that sorta thing these days, it's not the 2000's anymore
    Furiously Googling GI Joe Classified...

Am I the only person that had no idea there was a new GI Joe toyline? You would think I'd be able to buy it at work or across the street at Kmart since GI Joe was just as big as Transformers in the 80s.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

JJJ is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Nah, not all that surprising really. The amount of toys alone sold in the US (assorted toy lines, not just items) is jaw-dropping, and we only see a fraction of it here. I occasionally skip through a video or two on Youtube from someone like Laura Legends, going through an actual shop, and the shelves and stock are just endless. And she's Canadian, I believe, so what you get in the US is even ... morer

Someone at Hasbro clearly thinks that there's no market here for GI Joe. Dunno if they're right, but GI Joe certainly never impinged on my awareness as a child in the 80s.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Furiously Googling GI Joe Classified...

Am I the only person that had no idea there was a new GI Joe toyline? You would think I'd be able to buy it at work or across the street at Kmart since GI Joe was just as big as Transformers in the 80s.
    FYI - you can buy it in person at Toyworld and Toymate, and from Amazon.com.au

It’s a six inch figure line though - not the 3 3/4 you would remember growing up.
    I still want to see reissues and new joe toys at 3 3/4. Except for a few small ‘retro’ releases at Walmart which don’t come out here, it doesn’t seem to happen. They’re not taking the property seriously.
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Crosscut looks strangely quite cute and stumpy. I wasn't a fan of Legacy Skids but it gets the job done. Sadly I snapped the plastic at the joint on my Thrilling 30 Crosscut, which is a shame because I strangely enough thinks the character looks better in the IDW look. It's good that Hasbro hasn't shied away from doing every offshoot G1 car repaint under the sun, they're there for those that want them and are a responsible use of exclusive spots, rather than main cast characters that every collector wants.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

KELPIE is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by reillyd View Post
    FYI - you can buy it in person at Toyworld and Toymate, and from Amazon.com.au

It’s a six inch figure line though - not the 3 3/4 you would remember growing up.
    I still want to see reissues and new joe toys at 3 3/4. Except for a few small ‘retro’ releases at Walmart which don’t come out here, it doesn’t seem to happen. They’re not taking the property seriously.
    They're starting to do some more 3 3/4, however not with O-Rings. Agreed though, few and far between.

There have been a couple O-Rings though and the rumour is that the Sgt. Slaughter coming with the Triple T will be a retro O-Ring 3 3/4 figure. You'd by the set just for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Bidoofdude View Post
    Crosscut looks strangely quite cute and stumpy. I wasn't a fan of Legacy Skids but it gets the job done. Sadly I snapped the plastic at the joint on my Thrilling 30 Crosscut, which is a shame because I strangely enough thinks the character looks better in the IDW look. It's good that Hasbro hasn't shied away from doing every offshoot G1 car repaint under the sun, they're there for those that want them and are a responsible use of exclusive spots, rather than main cast characters that every collector wants.
    Once I get Legacy Crosscut I'll be selling my T30 version. If you're interested, drop me a PM & we can park it for later.

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

Not sure if this has been seen by anyone, but over at BBTS: Legacy Evolution Voyager Metalhawk and Twincast available for preorder and releasing in Feb 23.